Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: APS now public

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Account creation is now open to all and they are running a server load test. Now's the time to blow a server up. http://www.apsathome.org
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I am in and crunching a few then I will return to dominate BURP till I hit 20,000. Then I will return to this project of science.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I've managed to get the Simap Wu's I had down far enough on a few Pc's to be able to start running a little again. I'll move more Cores back over as I'm able to ...

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    From what I've heard this project is going to be like Simap, in that the wu's will be spotty when he goes to the real processing. After all you have to remember that James is the entire project staff. The reason I run it is that I admire his gall. He starts and runs a Boinc project all by himself and runs it off a Dell desktop. I just can't help myself with someone with that kind of attitude.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

That, and dealing with all us smucks complaining about stuff being hosed up...And he still has a great attitude. Great guy to work with!
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I've added it to 5 cores.

@ Bender10 - Your Latin is killing me
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

I,m in allways fun with a new project.

Here's an Update on the Status of the APS Project & why it's been down: James Dorsey wrote this in the BoincStats forum ...

Quote: Hi again all,

The server is still down, and I'm now not sure when it's up. Our department has started moving into new buildings, so there's nobody about to gain physical access to the server and router. At this point, I can't promise that the system will be back up before I return from Germany on Monday the 30th of July. If you want to detach the project until then to avoid the error messages, I understand. I'll post again when the server is up.

It is still possible that someone may be able to get in to power cycle the system, but it's beyond my control. I'm sorry about this, and I hope you all understand...

Please could you distribute this to your team colleagues? It's not very good news, but there's still a glimmer of hope that it'll be fixed this week.
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 07-17-2007 at 10:32 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12