Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictor ** Restart ** --- A question

I will continue to crunch for D2OL.

Quote Originally Posted by em99010pepe
    I will continue to crunch for D2OL.
    I'm crunching hard on D2OL as well.... predictor gets low and dockwin/gridwin get 'below normal' priority.

So far... 2 results sent to predictor just 'disappeared'.....

i doubt it is ready to be used at all.

Predictor update - 08-Aug-2004

Predictor restart continuing ok.... no lost jobs..... just slow to respond and post... RAC updating correctly.

total credit not cleared.... but the value in the individual accounts is more correct.... so there is one table left in the set of tables to be re-updated....

email sent notifying of that..... this will bring us back up and the rest down to reality again...

I would like another 24+ hours to run.... I have Charmms jobs now in the queue... let's see what happens...

I will report at the 12 WU mark with stats ..

Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd
    I'm still a little hesitant (sp?) whether or not i'm going to run Predictor... Finally today all my pending credit was applied. I will wait until I get an update from you Chuck. At that time I will take your advise..... Predictor maybe better on my P3 800mgz. But we will see. Just post your final outcome.
    I'm also hesitant but will be watching also. Have majority of effort on D2OL and CB.

Quote Originally Posted by bwhite
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd
    I'm still a little hesitant (sp?) whether or not i'm going to run Predictor... Finally today all my pending credit was applied. I will wait until I get an update from you Chuck. At that time I will take your advise..... Predictor maybe better on my P3 800mgz. But we will see. Just post your final outcome.
    I'm also hesitant but will be watching also. Have majority of effort on D2OL and CB.
    Agreed.... I would run D2OL and Predictor.... my test is doing just that on the slow machine to measure impact.... so far the load differential is about 10 D2OL WUs (about 9-10%) per day difference... but i want a full day's run at least under my belt.

ALso... i got msgs and we need to inform our users that when I pushed the team name back in.... I did put it in as "AMD Users"... not "AMDUsers".... some members think we are gone.

we need to correct this... but the team roster is growing again....

I want all the data I can collect so we can decide intelligently if/when to pick up predictor again at any level.

I see so far that my Mfold is back in service (nice feeling)...
    and Charmms has been upgraded 4 revisions to 3.15.... so they must have copied some code and fixed other things as well...

Time will tell...

I will be prompt and also report what I find in the databases themselves.

chuck

Once again Chuck, your doing a great job... Keep it up. Your information on this project is very imformative.....

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Rejoin AMD User Team in Predictor

Chuck,

it seems that what you are saying is...we all dropped out of the Team & need to rejoin ASAP. I have done this now and am now back in the list.

I was holding off to make sure that there was not some re-load that was going to be done that would re-instate the list & somehow we might stuff things up if we had subsequently made changes to the membership data.

But it worked, so it's back to happy days.

Well almost.

Tonight's test resulted in nothing from the Predictor project server.

D2OL accepted my WU upload but would not assign any more so
    AAARG - Nothing Running !!!!!

...hmm... time for me to have a quick try at another project at last...

eeny-meeny-miny-mo, catch a tiger by the toe, if it bites your head off, then its time to go !

ChessBrain it is then.

--Dave--

Re: Rejoin AMD User Team in Predictor

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    Chuck,

it seems that what you are saying is...we all dropped out of the Team & need to rejoin ASAP. I have done this now and am now back in the list.

I was holding off to make sure that there was not some re-load that was going to be done that would re-instate the list & somehow we might stuff things up if we had subsequently made changes to the membership data.

But it worked, so it's back to happy days.

Well almost.

Tonight's test resulted in nothing from the Predictor project server.

D2OL accepted my WU upload but would not assign any more so
    AAARG - Nothing Running !!!!!

...hmm... time for me to have a quick try at another project at last...

eeny-meeny-miny-mo, catch a tiger by the toe, if it bites your head off, then its time to go !

ChessBrain it is then.

--Dave--
    The predictor server is going to be off probably for another 4-5 hours (until staff arrives) and a reboot occurs.... but please do pass the word for all to sign up again for 'AMD Users'..... doing so will guarantee our credits get properly reinstated and we retake our position as 5th place where we belong.

There will be a minor software update... I will advise once I have completed the testing here.....

The only 'reload' will be a 'database rescan' to correct the credits since
    the credits listed per user do not match the team total. Two of the database tables need to be reconstructed... and will be (hopefully today).

right now.. I am running work to stress both the newly fixed PC and Predictor with D2OL.... and surprisingly both are now running 50/50% each.... which NEVER happened before.. I have found the trick..... and have much to write to all to use as they find applicable to their configurations.

I am looking for Pepe's email account and am going to toss up 10-15 CB's on this machine w/ Predictor and D2OL to see just how much it can handle .... It should handle it all without even blinking..... should be no hesitation and full load balancing across the board......and most importantly.... prove it isn't a dead cpu/mb after all.

Chuck

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Thanks, Chuck.
    Will Do.
    Hope you're feeling better.
    --Dave--

Yea, how are you feeling?????

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast