Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictor ** Restart ** --- A question

Predictor ** Restart ** --- A question

Gents (and apparantly now ladies),

Predictor is apparantly learning and improving......

Don't know if anyone has been following it...

I would like to know if it's ok for me to take one of my little nodes over
    and give it a whirl and 'kick the tires'. I am asking because we are
    kicking some SERIOUS butt on D2OL (for which I am greatefull...)
    and don't want to impact anything that's running smoothly.

(AND A PERSONAL THANKS TO CHAZ FOR THE GAZILLION CPU HOURS
    ON D2OL)

back to predictor.....

Comments?

Any interest?

PS: The false point score and standings currently reported on the web will change.... please don't let ANYTHING the web says about status discourage you..... NOBODY is where they seem to be.... What matters is what is listed in your team account... not what is XML exported (there has been no new XML generated)

Chuck

Its your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan
    Its your choice.
    Ok,
    thanks... I'll consider it.. perhaps put a little machine on it and see if it grants credits and uploads/downloads correctly and.. most importantly.. dosn't screw up on jobs w/ compute errors

I have my P4 running 2 instances of D2OL and I have 1 instance on my P3. My P3 lacks speed at just 800mhz. 8 Rotable bonds on D2Ol takes 4 minutes per thingy... I don't know what you call them but there's 20 of them per task.
    That's about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Damn that's slow. But I am going to take it off line and once I get enough done I'll upload them.

I came to the realization today that gateway computers SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I know this has nothing to do with Predictor, but I just felt like posting here....

hehe - that is slow. It takes me 32 sec to do one of the conformers and about 10.5 min. per canidate.

As far as Predictor, If Chuck says running ok, I'll put one or two of my work pcs on it on monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jlangner
    hehe - that is slow. It takes me 32 sec to do one of the conformers and about 10.5 min. per canidate.

As far as Predictor, If Chuck says running ok, I'll put one or two of my work pcs on it on monday.
    As for D2OL, I am getting a bunch of really tough jobs.... highly unusual.

My average Dock time per candidate jumped to 14 minutes from 7... and per conformer has jumped to 42 seconds....

I took a quick look at the # particular proteins being processed and they are growing bigger and bigger. They are now running in the 'best of 2 million+' range. definately having an impact on overall status, but somehow I am still within about 15 candidates/day of my average.... so I guess it's just a 'tough batch' or this block is honing in on something... The energy levels are starting to get very low.... I think that's a good sign, right?

As for predictor... I am going to bring the smallest host over now and will report back in about 12 hours as to the status.... D2OL and Predictor live fairly well together.

Chuck

its pretty common to get a "block" of hard WU in D2OL....only thing ya can do is slog thru it.
    Ive noticed it doing it right now on my slowest machine ( of course) but ya rarely get a days worth
    Member of AMD users
    An equal opportunity destroyer

Predictor restarted --- test in progress --- D2OL comment

Quote Originally Posted by WienerDog
    its pretty common to get a "block" of hard WU in D2OL....only thing ya can do is slog thru it.
    Ive noticed it doing it right now on my slowest machine ( of course) but ya rarely get a days worth
    Someone (I believe Pepe or Vaughan) mentioned that once before and thanks for letting me know that the heavy jobs are still there.... From what I see, the molecules are growing rapidly now in complexity.... That is major progress to me so I don't mind slugging through them.

I am curious about our overall D2OL stats for today... they look VERY VERY promising (yes, this is off topic).

Predictor is up and running on my slow machine now and we will see how it does. I did merge the hosts and made notes as to the stats, so we'll see how it does. I'll keeep a close eye on credits granted and cpu time / WU as well as the WU's themselves.... I still have BOINC 3.21 to drop in if needed.... Right now, I'm still using 3.20.

I'm still a little hesitant (sp?) whether or not i'm going to run Predictor... Finally today all my pending credit was applied. I will wait until I get an update from you Chuck. At that time I will take your advise..... Predictor maybe better on my P3 800mgz. But we will see. Just post your final outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd
    I'm still a little hesitant (sp?) whether or not i'm going to run Predictor... Finally today all my pending credit was applied. I will wait until I get an update from you Chuck. At that time I will take your advise..... Predictor maybe better on my P3 800mgz. But we will see. Just post your final outcome.

I ask that NOBODY consider predictor until I have a chance to kick it in the 'sensitive spots'..... (if you don't mind).... and I have a chance to grab the latest code and give it a good eyeing over.

I will post results and everything as they come.....

and HOPE the web page gets it's "LONG OVERDUE" update and the scores updated back to reality.

Chuck

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast