Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D2OL Accepting uploads again

D2OL Accepting uploads again

Guys,
    for all of you who've been holding those 'big dumps'.... perhaps now is the time? nobody's stats moved since Friday because the server was down.... how about a nice surprise????

(leary of other teams' tactics)'

Warning: At time of this post: Server was out of tasks... they apparantly had a serious malfunction and everyone else sucked'em dry.

Chuck

Thank goodness I downloade over 6000 the other day. I have enough to last for a while...... ;)

From D2OL forum:

Moderator-kb9skw

posted 07 August, 2004 10:32 PM

Something is up with the Result Service, as it is not accepting finnished results. The TaskAssignment Service also seems to be borked, but all other services seem to be up and running.

posted 09 August, 2004 01:21 AM

Well it was up for a while, and is again back down.

But at least this time the TaskAssignment Service along with the TaskData Service. So at least we can still download new work."

Thanks,,, that will keep my machines fed.... I am working on a few "Best of 3,000,000" now... and chewing them up...

Chuck,

You're 12,780 behind and catching rapidly.

One of 2.4Ghz took nearly 24 hours to process 1 :cry: , then it speeded up a bit.

Here's something for you....D2OL running, cpu temp = 43C, add SoB, cpu temp 63C.

D2OL definately does NOT stress the cpu.

Stu

I got one for you..... I have another 3200+ starting up...... If I did the AS-5 correctly, then I can leave it running and all will be fine, otherwise I will have to shut it down... cool it... and redo the job... but FYI... I am only running at 41C with D2OL AND Predictor .... ON A FACTORY cooler!!!!!! LOL

And yes, I can confirm that D2OL does not stress a machine (even a poor intel)... I believe I have also found a way to balance (without external software) .... predictor and D2OL.... which is a trick in & of itself.

Now, as for that 2.4....I can understand that... sometimes I get 1 uploaded, sometimes none... depends what it can 'pull' on its own. I am having upload issues here like everyone else..... just wait until I unleash what is stored... I do believe there will be some 'surprises'

As for the 12000 behind... please don't blink... you might miss me going by

Please do tell me which 12,780 I am behind on? where and in which category? As far as I knew... I was 1200-something place and gaining at least 10-15 places a day..... and even you were not far from being passed....

Are you counting 12,780 conformers or candidates??? I count candidates .... which is 639... about 2 days from now at current rate

Chuck

I was counting conformers, the numbers look bigger :!:

I'm going on holiday on Aug 18 for 2 weeks, so all machines will be off. Everyone please feel free to overtake me :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero
    I was counting conformers, the numbers look bigger :!:

I'm going on holiday on Aug 18 for 2 weeks, so all machines will be off. Everyone please feel free to overtake me :cry:

actually, my friend..... it isn't about overtaking anyone or team standings or anythiing like that....

what is happening here is that my PC is running in a cycle where I can see it keep adding a molecule to a protein that is of personal interest and keep progressing.... *THAT* is of importance.... What it does as a result of that is 100% secondary.

I shall chat with you of course before holiday.... and I myself will be back in PA by then, alll settled and stable.... so I too will be on extended 'medical' holiday .... I am sure yours will be more fun.... Would you 'tip one' for me? I would appreciate it.

Chuck

actually, my friend..... it isn't about overtaking anyone or team standings or anythiing like that....
    Yes, that goes without saying. But by adding a competition element (friendly) to the proceedings, we egg each other on to higher performances.

If it wasn't for the competition, there would be no need for any teams :!:

Did I just catch you on a bad day

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero
    Yes, that goes without saying. But by adding a competition element (friendly) to the proceedings, we egg each other on to higher performances.

If it wasn't for the competition, there would be no need for any teams :!:

Did I just catch you on a bad day
    No,, you didn't.....

What you did catch me on... and this is something I must write up properly and post for ALL to know..

ASUS put out a version of the BIOS 1004.003 and it was NOT labeled "BETA".... but it was.....

It screwed TWO of my machines to the point where I had (earlier this eve) given up hope of resurrecting them without factory assistance).

Then, when I was unable to fax, email, web-site form, ANY contact with asus....

I decided one more time..... **** IT..... put the board togther, load it up and see what I can do...... if it BURNS UP... then I will have found the problem.

MUCH to my surprise..... it found version 1004.006 (FINAL RELEASE) of the BIOS!

The machine is back at 2.0 Ghz, nothing special... 1GB of Ram, PC-3200... interleave and all just cooking along like it should, ready to drop in a Sempron 3100+ at my command......

They restored my faith.... restored 1 of 2 problem children.... (fixing child #2 will be a problem because it won't run even as long as this one did)... but I email the files and instructions and that child shall be fine in minutes... all via floppy boot..... the repair procedure has proven itself.

I then decided to take a long bath... chill..... and for once Stu... other than the surgery coming up..... I am at peace with NO pressure on my plate.... it's a feeling that i honestly don't know how to deal with, so please forgive me if I am taking pleasure in things far different than you are used to seeing me take pleasure in.

I still do enjoy the friendly competition.... But I will also enjoy helping you gain back what you lose during your holiday too.....

If you could measure the weight removed from my shoulders within the past 2 hours...... it would break every known scale. What I have learned is not only applicable to these little machines, but to the others you were reading about..... and I hope you can see why I am beyond words with near child-like euphamistic pleasures.

I'll be fine..... the hour here is late too.... it's 3am PST... I have been working at this for 14 hours now.....

Today the PC... Tomorrow the OTHER TEAMS!!!!!

ROFL!!!

Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast