Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: a little push here

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

a little push here

Anyone wanna spare some cores on ABC@Home? We could use a push here. We're ranked 25th and dropping.

I think its a good project for credits. I'm getting over 1,000 credits a day on this project with the same machine that was getting about 600 when running Burp.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Anyone wanna spare some cores on ABC@Home? We could use a push here. We're ranked 25th and dropping.

I think its a good project for credits. I'm getting over 1,000 credits a day on this project with the same machine that was getting about 600 when running Burp.
    what machine are you running there neo?

Edit: x2 4400 I saw. I'm gonna join when I've worked through the stack of wu's I've got. had to cancel 50 already, puter seemed to think he could handle em in 45 minutes, seems they take 3 hours
    Last edited by Frederic Brillouet; 08-17-2007 at 07:59 AM.

I,m in need some more points too reach top ten in sweden

I'm going to hang around the Cosmology Project for awhile yet so we can build up a healthy lead there. Then I might throw some Cores at ABC again, in fact I have been running it a little now and then to break the monotony of running Cosmo only ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    puter seemed to think he could handle em in 45 minutes, seems they take 3 hours
    The ABC Workunits are of variable sizes. They can be as fast as 10 mins or as slow as several hours.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    The ABC Workunits are of variable sizes. They can be as fast as 10 mins or as slow as several hours.
    Yes, I've had them run as short as 2 or 3 min's & as long as 24 hr's (on my P4 3.4) 13-14 hr's on my Quads. the long ones like that will get 1000 Credits though but it may take a week or longer to get the Credit depending on who your paired with and how fast their PC is ...

ONLY 7.4954 % Done
    Last edited by Bubben; 09-12-2007 at 05:38 PM.

Excuse for asking but what is the benefits for mankind of this project?

OK, for a bit

I'll try this one for awhile. It will be fun to crunch a project where my position in the project changes more than one every few days. Its tough processing with the bunch on Tanpaku. It will be interesting to see how many WUs a day on this compares with Tanpaku which has been pretty good.

I sure got sent allot of tasks for the short response cycle I established.

As for the value for mankind? The pure math ones are a bit elusive but sometimes a successful proof can lead to new theorems and the cycle continues. I will do the math ones before the games or the search for extra-terrestrials. unless it is a tournament of course.

So..what do you like this project so far?

I think it´s very nice..and it´s true that you almost make 1000 points/day

I´ll stick to this for a while!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast