Thread: GRUB has reopened!!

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin

GRUB has reopened!!

That's right guys! GRUB is alive again!

Wikia bought Grub from Looksmart recently and is reviving the distributed web crawling indexer/search engine project.
    Main website:
    http://www.grub.org

AMD Users Team:
    http://www.grub.org/html/teams.php?op=stats&team_id=55

EDIT: The above link for AMD Users Team does not work, teams have been removed.
    Last edited by NeoGen; 05-21-2010 at 06:33 AM.

Site Admin
    Just stumbled on this again... three years later, the project does seem to be coming to life!

It seems to be somewhat like in alpha stage... has very basic stats page, no teams support, the client apps are very simplified too...

I'm running it here, and the client app (Grub Next Generation 0.9.3) does have some annoying bugs that I noticed. For example, for some reason here things seem to stall when grub is compressing/decompressing the WUs.

Site Admin
    This is still very experimental it seems... or maybe I came by in a bad day. There is a message on the top of the site saying "Our server is offline due to some technical issues on it. We want apologize for problems."

There are two client apps available, one simple, and one "Next Generation". With the Next Generation, I can download workunits and crawl, but it fails on upload... with the simple application I can't even get a workunit, the connection fails.