Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: D2ol /tsc

To my mind, the thing of note there was the person to person transmission of the avian flu... that is a major jump in the threat level. And thus more reason to crunch d2ol as it is the only DC effort to work on defeating avian flu.

Hey Brucifer,
    I gave the article another read. I guess I was 'looking' for a connection to the research, and glossed over the 'Human' factor....

the NODE Troll is still looking for new victims....

troll.bmp
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I'm keeping some of my 32-bit systems on d2ol. Much better place for them than the sieving. When I look at the sieving speed of the 64's over the 32's, it's rather discouraging... but they still do okay here.

Counted 7 people crunching here yesterday... really nice!

We're getting there, Thanks for the push. I'm trying to work in more nodes everyday.

Most people are willing to surf the internet for hours, but run research software while they are "surfing"...oh no!!. "It will slow down my computer...". Right...

A few hours a day still helps.

Someone care to look at the D2OL Stats for Norway? Am I going crazy, or is there a glitch?

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/allteams.php?proj=d2ol

It looks like they got a hugh boost over the last couple o dayz, but it does not show up on the individual stats.....

EDIT:
    It looks like it might be a couple of people playing the old 'Team Jumping' merry-go-round...it's hard to tell. One name seems to have changed a little, and stats may not have caught up with the changes yeti.
    Last edited by Bender10; 09-26-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    It looks like it might be a couple of people playing the old 'Team Jumping' merry-go-round...it's hard to tell. One name seems to have changed a little, and stats may not have caught up with the changes yeti.
    The person moved from undecided to Norway, and added about 5k for the daily output. Whether that was just a 5k dump, or was a new node that was just "added" is hard to tell. Maybe this next year the project will incorporate tracking stats earned while a member of various teams so that those points stay with the teams. But for the project, it isn't one of their high priorities for this year, which I understand when looking at their goals and resources.

Yes, I looked around a bit more (I'm at werk dodging Conference calls and "Come and fix this!" calls).

It looks like a few of their members have been bouncing from Team Norway-Norway DC-unassigned and back again....

I think I need some asprin....

IRT their moving around, as the wife says.... whatever...

If it makes them feel good then more power to them as long as it helps keeping them crunching on d2ol, which is good for the project. If it helps them become legends in their own minds, then I imagine that they are really cooking along! LOL

It is kinda funny, like mouse tracks in the snow...Just running around having fun without a clue.

noticed those Norway crunchers?? They be gettin close to passing us.....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast