Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Project x64

Project x64

Hi,

Is there any project exploiting x64 architecture?

Thanks in advance...

Here's a link to a forum about x64 Vista. Hope it helps..

http://www.vistax64.com/

Project x64

At the moment I do not know of any particular projects that utilize the 64 bit architecture. Boinc has not got that figured out yet, soon I hope! NO Non-Boinc Projects exist at this present time either for 64 bit Architecture. Any other Team Mates want to comment about this venue ~?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Mount Perry, Florida. Home to Florida's only snow capped mountain.
    Forgive an old man, but I don't understand this post; I copied this off the Boinc Site; 5.10.20 Recommended version (WinXP64+) Download (7.43 MB) It's the version I've been using right along. It's supposed to be Vista compatible.
    Please Visit The Land Of Mount Perry, Florida. Home to Florida's Only Snow Capped Mountain. www.mountperry.com Here in Mount Perry, anything can happen and usually does.

There are a few Projects that use the x64 OS, 2 of them are the ABC & Reisel Sieve projects, I don't know of the other ones. But you have to be running the Linux OS & x64 to get the proper x64 WU's.

Most but not all of the other Projects will send you a x86 or 32 Bit Wu even if your requesting x64 Wu's because they don't utilize the x64 OS's yet and may never offer a x64 Wu.

The v5.10.20 does have some problems even though it's the Recommended Version, I've only Updated 1 PC to that Version, the rest of my PC's I've left at an older Version. You may need to go back to an older version too.

Poorboy is right, there are some projects that offer 64 bit applications. RS is deffo one. Download the 64 bit client and run it and it'll ask the server for 64 units. If the project supports them, you'll get 64 bit applications and units, otherwise you'll get 32bit units.

Some projects, like CPDN, wont recognise 64 bit BOINC applications at all so wont send you anything.
    THere was a list somewhere on the BOINCStats website that had a list of all the x64 supporting projects.

PSP sieving for linux using the 64bit sr2sieve client is one, and also for linux, distributed.net ogr has a 64bit client. Both non-boinc, and both run better than the 32-bit clients in output.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    The answer is YES.

Augustine has been keeping track of the 64-bit boinc adoption and continues to update his thread here
    http://boincstats.com/forum/forum_thread.php?id=1774
    (I think this is also the thread that drezha is referring to)

As Brucifer points out there are also a number of classic projects that have had 64-bit clients for some time, and some that are still being developed.

I am overdue for a re-vamp of our DC Matrix page. I'll see what I can do to include some of these facts.
    Last edited by AMDave; 09-09-2007 at 05:27 AM.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Project x64

My Error, I stand corrected. Just goes to show that the projects I don't run are the projects that offer 64bit, Thanks everyone for the clarification...

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin

Arrrr.
    We'll drag 'im a-kickin' an' a-screamin' inter yonder 64-bit century, yet.
    So we will.
    Arrrr.

. . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast