Thread: Junk and spam as E-posts

Junk and spam as E-posts

I begin be tired of all junk and spam e-post as i got every day. Today I had 4 junk and 5 spams and only 1 as was of real interest. I got such mail as follow:

greeting lars-gunnar.astrom
    I was able to get and sustain rock solid erections. I had growth of both the length and the thickness

Hello! I am bored today. I am nice girl that would like to chat with you. Email me at vchg@NearOut.info only, because I am writing not from my personal email. I will show you some great pictures of me.

Thank you our loan is accepted.

Have any of you a good recipe how I can set stop for such obskyr E-post as I never have asked for?

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Quote Originally Posted by Lagu View Post
    I begin be tired of all junk and spam e-post as i got every day. Today I had 4 junk and 5 spams and only 1 as was of real interest. I got such mail as follow:

greeting lars-gunnar.astrom
    I was able to get and sustain rock solid erections. I had growth of both the length and the thickness

Hello! I am bored today. I am nice girl that would like to chat with you. Email me at vchg@NearOut.info only, because I am writing not from my personal email. I will show you some great pictures of me.

Thank you our loan is accepted.

Have any of you a good recipe how I can set stop for such obskyr E-post as I never have asked for?

Lagu
    spam is really annoying. you should see my hotmail inbox
    even my university mail gets spam and they should have some good filters.

Spam is very high on most peoples lists of "things I see everyday that are stupid!!".

My email provider filters out quite a bit, but I get it every day. I usually delete any email that I don't recognize (sorry to those of you that are waiting for a reply...). And most email without a subject.

That's life in the 21st century......
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

If you use Thunderbird or Outlook then go get a program called "Spamato"

It's a collection of 8 filters that learn with your e-mails. It catches about 90% of my spam and only flags a real e-mail as spam every once in a while.

Thunderbird auto-learns anyway. Plus you can write custom filters. Works great for me.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

My provider stops around 200 a day, and about 3-5 get through....

Just for electronic junk-mail that clogs up the internet....what a waste of time and resources.....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    There was a Distributed attempt some years ago set out to hurt and possibly stop known spam sources, called "Make love, not Spam", do you guys remember? All you had to do is have a net connection and run their screensaver.

Their screensaver would open connections and send data to the spam servers creating a kind of Distributed net attack, which even if not able to take them offline, at least get their bandwidth usage so high they would have higher costs for the spam they were sending.

Altough it was a noble idea, it had an unfortunate end, because the spammers simply re-routed all the web traffic they were receiving back to the project servers, forcing them to shut down in matter of days.

When I found out about it, it was already too late. I wish I had known earlier so I could have participated and sent some spam to the spammers as well.

I use Internet 7 and Microsoft Office Outlook as inbox. There is a function as I can manage to stop most of them. If I add their names Outlook feel when they come and automatically move them to the junk filters but it takes some times remove all too. I must check all because there can be a E-mail as Outlook feel as spam but it isn`t. Right now I have 92 as automaticall has been redirected. I will see what I can do more.
    My ISP stops many but yet i got some every day. Reading all quotes I understand I´m not alone but I understand we all should be happy if it quite for good. This problem has accelerate enormeously the last year.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user