Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rank 19 and rising

We just hit 16th. Great going chaps.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ......... I feel a moneybee intervention coming on..............................

Hey Lagu time to wake up lad!!! As soon as I figure this thing out I'm gonna rock on by................

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. ......... I feel a moneybee intervention coming on..............................

Hey Lagu time to wake up lad!!! As soon as I figure this thing out I'm gonna rock on by................

I already woke up yesterday and have all my puters on that project but if you want to rock on lets fight. It should be fair if you only use 2 of your PC´s
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

LOL ------- I thought I'd get a bite from you. Just kidding you though. I could do the 2 computer thing but then that wouldn't do much for trying to get us up to #15 much sooner.

Rank 19 and rising

IN the past couple days I put my systems on MoneyBee to try and keep us moving while Lagu was on vacation. In that time I passed 3,000 and am still rising. I sure wish someday we could pass rechencraft and take over the #1 on DC-Vault for good!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    IN the past couple days I put my systems on MoneyBee to try and keep us moving while Lagu was on vacation. In that time I passed 3,000 and am still rising. I sure wish someday we could pass rechencraft and take over the #1 on DC-Vault for good!
    Nflight, thank you for keeping our stats when I was on vacation. It is much appreciated.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    At this point Rechenkraft is upwards of 197,000, and we are around 115,000. That is a bit of a steep climb, but not an undo-able one. However it would take some dedicated hard core crunching on the part of a few people. If Ototero is watching this thread. what are they (RechenKraft) averaging in output per day??? Is there a place where we can track this stuff without using a calculator and pushing a bunch of buttons?

Edit: So Mr. Nflight, if you put your stuff on here for a couple of days, and got 3,000 points, so like 1,500 per day (????), and I could maintain at least that, we could be up to an extra 85,000 points in 28 days which would put us at 198,000 total. What I don't know is what the daily output of Rechenkraft is. So are you game Mr. Nflight?????

Any others on the team want to make a run on moneybee #1 and stomp Rechenfraft???
    Last edited by Brucifer; 12-29-2007 at 02:41 AM.

So, who is making the money off of the MoneyBee project?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    So, who is making the money off of the MoneyBee project?
    Anyone that is in to the investing thing and has contributed computer time to crunch the packets can access the crunched data. Then it's like anything else in the investment world, you invest your bucks and you take the risk. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. This is just one of those things to try and increase the odds in the investor's favor.

Any project out there is aimed at a specific thing more or less, that benefits certain individuals, groups, or organizations. Even if the project allegedly is for the benefit of mankind, the people running the project reap professional benefits from the proceeds. In that regard I don't think moneybee is any different than anyother project that professionally rewards theose involved in running the project. The age old thing, who makes the bucks off the medical projects, or the scientific, and so on. Thus many people limit their crunching to educational institutions for instance. Who's gaining from Seti? Or the collider's or whatever.... those with the professional expertise to analyze and evaluate the data. I think no matter how you look at any project there's people that profit more from it than others. Meanwhile they all benefit from the contributions of the people crunching and basically giving the projects free machine time. On this one it's open to anyone that participates. However not everyone is in to investing.

From the purely "gaming" end of things, it's just another project that has been picked up by the DC-Vault people in the misc., projects category that accumulates points for participating teams for the ranking game among teams that participate in the DC_Vault rankings.

Just my own personal thoughts on the project.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 12-29-2007 at 03:44 PM.

Thumbs up

Of course I read this thread
    I check each teams output everyday.

................................Points...Overtake
    .....Team....................Yesterday.......Days
    -------------------------------------------------
    1....Consors-Trading-Team..........339.....764.85
    2....BeeBoost und MB Loader Team....29.....431.02
    3....LinuxPowerUser..................0.....314.69
    4....Inetter........................85.....325.38
    5....DeepThought....................86.....253.01
    6....Berlin.........................87.....161.26