Thread: There goes psp-sieving team #1

There goes psp-sieving team #1

Was really pretty much a foregone conclusion though once Blistering Sheep and Phased Array from ARS got into the sieving thing. Was all over but the shouting. Just a massive number of systems they have between them, way beyond anything at the disposal of the amd_users team. So anyway, congrats to you ARS crunchers.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Some individuals out there, alone, are as powerful as the biggest teams. It's an amazing power...

I hope they remember that "with great power comes great responsability"

Site Admin

Well I've started sieving again. Just using my dual core 64-bit linux systems. The sr2sieve client works pretty good. If you have some X2 or athlon-64 systems, running linux-64 and don't like boinc, come on and join in. I'd be more than happy to help you get started on it.

And if you have some C2D's/quad's that you are bored with, the LLRnet portion of psp needs some help. Find a prime number and get in the history books.

Site Admin
    I'm trying out Riesel Base 5 LLR on my sister's laptop, there's only me and Vaughan on our Team on the base 5 projects.
    It's running ok I guess, I set up two folders, each with an instance of the LLR application, to take advantage of the dual-core, and haven't touched it ever since.

I still haven't purchased an Intel. Waiting to see what happens with the amd-quad benchmarks. Until I get an intel, I'll just be sticking with the sieving as that's what they really excell at.