Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cosmo's TU

Thumbs down Cosmo's TU

Project has gone offline for some reason.

The last I saw was "Cosmology@Home will be down for a couple of hours while we perform server maintenance related to the vast number of errors we've been seeing for the past ..." but that was a Google cache over 36 hours ago! Dave

On another thread - they seem to have a motherboard failure and cannot get parts due to the weekend. It will be down for a few days.

What a bummer. I was at like 99,990 and ready to celebrate. Now my whole weekend is ruined.

Oh, I'm certain it was entirely and deviously personal. Why, it's my understanding that they were all standing around the server with one holding the plug - all specifically watching your score until it got close enough then yanked it out. Congresswoman, and now House Speaker, Pelosi has had it out for you for years. Now that she has the power she called and told them to get you. It's sad that you are making the rest of the world suffer for your wicked ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Lux View Post
    Oh, I'm certain it was entirely and deviously personal. Why, it's my understanding that they were all standing around the server with one holding the plug - all specifically watching your score until it got close enough then yanked it out. Congresswoman, and now House Speaker, Pelosi has had it out for you for years. Now that she has the power she called and told them to get you. It's sad that you are making the rest of the world suffer for your wicked ways.
    That's exactly what I thought was happening.
    Hey wait, how did you know that? OMG they are broadcasting my thoughts again. Must wrap head in thicker foil this time.

On another note....
    I have never worked on a project when something like this has happened and was wondering what the likelihood is that we will lose the WU’s that have not uploaded yet. I know it is a hardware problem but I’m just wondering if I should let my cpu’s keep working on Cosmo or not. I have quite a cache of WU’s. I would say 100+ completed with 100+ still to go. Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by CarcinogenX View Post
    On another note....
    I have never worked on a project when something like this has happened and was wondering what the likelihood is that we will lose the WU’s that have not uploaded yet. I know it is a hardware problem but I’m just wondering if I should let my cpu’s keep working on Cosmo or not. I have quite a cache of WU’s. I would say 100+ completed with 100+ still to go. Any thoughts?
    We should be okay, they have a Backup so at the worst we may lose a little Credit but not much. I have about 750 Wu's waiting to Upload to the Project with only a few left to run then I'm dry.

I suspect we'll be in 3'rd place when the Project comes back up as some of the Free-DC guys had 3 or 4 days of a cache, I only had about a day & 1/2 for a cache. I thought that would be enough to tide me over if the Server went down, I guess not ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 11-11-2007 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    We should be okay, they have a Backup so at the worst we may lose a little Credit but not much. I have about 750 Wu's waiting to Upload to the Project with only a few left to run then I'm dry.

I suspect we'll be in 3'rd place when the Project comes back up as some of the Free-DC guys had 3 or 4 days of a cache, I only had about a day & 1/2 for a cache. I thought that would be enough to tide me over if the Server went down, I guess not ...
    I got a question about that too...
    I attach my flowerpot of 3 computers to a project and one of them downloads 90% of the available work. To the best of my knowledge it is running the same version of boinc as the rest. It was more of a problem because it was the weakest of the 3 but I replaced it with a quad. I have both quads in the garage (free electricity from the HOA) and some days the wireless disconnects for whatever reason which leaves one of them sitting idle and the other one with a weeks worth of work. How do I even out the WU's between the computers?

I just checked it out and I was wrong, I have 200+- WU's on the 1 computer. I hope it comes back up soon. I seem to get more credit per day on Cosmo than any other project.

I'm still crunching thru my cached WUs. They are still before their expiry deadline. I hope the hardware problem they encountered doesn't mean they'll lose any data.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast