Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: November Race is on Tonght

November Race is on Tonght

November Race is on Tonight

Tonight’s start of the Race has been designed to attract all competitors as we have decided to run not one project but two. Yes two projects! We will run this race from Tuesday through Tuesday starting at GMT time.

The two projects will be the Cosmology@home Project as we were all hoping for this project to have enough work units for our hungry systems to crunch over the weekend. Through communication with the admin we are assured of this type of activity being lessened and more work units being available, hopefully through this holiday weekend. The second project is our alternate Plan B which is Rosetta@home which has our team facing a sliding decent from ranking placed at 25th just 5 months ago to our current position of 30th.

We will run both projects simultaneously, or side by side. If you are more in tune with running a project which benefits the medical science area here is your aid in helping our team on Rosetta@home. If you’re looking for keeping our team in #1 place at Cosmology@home and finding solutions to the astrophysics dimension then this is your project.

In case the unfortunate should happen at Cosmology@home and we run out of work units once again, please feel free to join in the competition at Rosetta@home. Everyone who is involved at one project will be mentioned in the other project list of racers. A sort of merging of the people found on both projects. This can also be beneficial for those who would like to compete in both project races at the same time.

Lets Go Racing And there off the starting line =>
    Last edited by Nflight; 11-19-2007 at 11:26 PM.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    This will be the "DUAL-PUSH"

Push on Cosmo + backup project in case Cosmo fails = no more problems with lack of work!

And putting it simple... if a person does 500 credits on Cosmo and 500 on Rosetta, in the stats it will show up with 1,000 credits! (provided that the username is the same on both projects... sorry guys, my stats capacities are still a bit limited )

EDIT: Wait... I should have thought of this! People with different names on the two projects please warn me, and I'll do a manual merge!
    Last edited by NeoGen; 11-19-2007 at 04:50 PM.

I had to add some systems back onto rosetta (they had been shifted to malaria). I toned down my push on cosmology and increased my % on rosetta (I still don't trust cosmology for the holiday push). All my projects have the same username, so no issues there.

Let's go for it!
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    My machines all filled up on Cos (I have it set at 10 days) so I have about 5 days of running before I need to communicate with them again.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Well in all seriousness, I wish all of you the best in your dual boinc project push. I realize that boinc is the way of the greatest majority of the members here. For a micro second when I read of the addition of a second project for the push I though maybe a non-boinc project was being added, but as I read a little farther I learned that wasn't to be. But anyway, crunch on, and from looking at the FDC forum, it looks like you should have a good run between the two teams.

As I'm not a fan of boinc, I've decided that I am going to "opt-out" for at least the near term future and put maximum effort into helping Lars at psp get a bunch of behind the scenes catch-up work completed so that the psp sieving effort can be on an even keel and caught up with the SOB sieving effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    Well in all seriousness, I wish all of you the best in your dual boinc project push. I realize that boinc is the way of the greatest majority of the members here. For a micro second when I read of the addition of a second project for the push I though maybe a non-boinc project was being added, but as I read a little farther I learned that wasn't to be. But anyway, crunch on, and from looking at the FDC forum, it looks like you should have a good run between the two teams.

As I'm not a fan of boinc, I've decided that I am going to "opt-out" for at least the near term future and put maximum effort into helping Lars at psp get a bunch of behind the scenes catch-up work completed so that the psp sieving effort can be on an even keel and caught up with the SOB sieving effort.
    I like non-bonic projects also Brucifer, but seems all projects are headed toward the boinc way anymore. I don't like the way credits are held up waiting on verification.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Base values collected fellows! Crunch on!!

Bruce... I'm sure we'll do a non-boinc push too soon. After all, most of our non-boinc projects are indeed needing a push too. Don't lose hope!

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Very Sweet!

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamsta...team=AMD+Users

3 of the top 10 today are AMD Users

I have tire marks all over me!!! Chris just went by me like someone set his butt on fire!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Looks like 4 of the Top 10 to me ... http://stats.free-dc.org/new/projpage.php?proj=cos ...

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    Very Sweet!

http://stats.free-dc.org/new/teamsta...team=AMD+Users

3 of the top 10 today are AMD Users

I have tire marks all over me!!! Chris just went by me like someone set his butt on fire!
    Correction 4. I snuck in at #10 today by 1100 points.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast