Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New LapTop Coming ... !!!

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    You have the cold dead hands part right. Since 3.11 XP, for all it's faults, is by far the most stable platform that I have used. The part of rebooting 2 or 3 times a day somehow just isn't missed. I think Vista is just pushing to far toward the Apple shell to suit me.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I do know that Vista Ultimate is a memory HOG. You better have 2 gigs of memory to run good.

Nice looking rig PoorBoy. I really like the screen.

Congrats!!
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Bender10 View Post
    Nice looking rig PoorBoy. I really like the screen.

Congrats!!
    Yeah, I could have got the WUXGA (1920x1200) Screen but opted not to, my old Laptop has the WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Screen & I've been happy with that so I stayed with it, plus the 1920X1200 was a $200 Option ...

Isn't the vista vs XP getting close to being a moot point here shortly? December is just about here, which signals the end of the sales line for XP. Rightly or wrongly, short of the majority of the fortune 500 companies telling MS to shove vista, xp is sliding into the future past. ??????????????????? Anyone heard anything to the contrary???

I believe MS has extended sales of XP until June 30, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by LeBo View Post
    I believe MS has extended sales of XP until June 30, 2008
    Your right LeBo, it has been extended to June 30 of 2008 & System builders will be able to continue offering Windows XP through June 2009 ... ... But that could be extended even further if the OEM System builders have their way.

"Ambitious" is a pretty accurate description, especially when you consider how hard OEMs have pushed Microsoft over the issue even before Vista's launch. We've heard from OEMs that they have not been anxious to stop selling XP at a date predetermined by Microsoft, and they've told the software giant as much. Instead, they would like to see market demand drive decisions on when to stop selling Windows XP. If Microsoft is feeling pressure to make up for lost time from Vista's long development process by putting an end to sales of Windows XP, the OEMs want no part of it.
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 11-30-2007 at 02:47 PM.

So when do you get this beast of a machine???

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    So when do you get this beast of a machine???
    I probably won't see it for at least 2 weeks minimum & more than likely closer to to 3 weeks. they won't even start to Process the Order until they receive the Cashiers Check I sent them for the full amount (Did that to save $100).

Then they say about a 10 Day Time Period for the Laptop to be built & Shipped. I ordered the 1 I have now from them too but can't remember if it actually took that long or not.

Basically I'm going to be a Guinea Pig with this Laptop, I have no Idea if it will be able to run all 4 Cores 24\7 or not, the Company couldn't give me any feedback on any heat issues because the Quad Core Option is so new. I may have to restrict it to running only 2 or possibly 3 cores to keep the heat down.

It's a GO Stepping Q6700 & does have more cooling Fan's than the 1 I have now so maybe it will be ok, that plus the fact I doubt if I'll be able to Overclock it, there's usually no Option for that in the BIOS's of a Laptop, so it'll be running at the Stock Speed ...

May I suggest the following product or something along the lines of this...

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...34-BLK&cat=FAN

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast