Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New LapTop Coming ... !!!

Talking New LapTop Coming ... !!!

I finally got around to getting a new LapTop to replace the P4 3.4 HT Laptop I have which is quite long in the tooth. It still run's and is in great shape but the 1 I'm getting should run circles around it ...

Sager 9261 Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Desktop Replacement Gaming Notebook
    17" WSXGA+ Matte Display w/ Wide Viewing Angle (1680 x 1050)
    Intel® Core 2Quad™ GO Stepping | Q6700 | 8MB Cache | 2.66GHz | 1.066MHz FSB
    Arctic Silver 5 High Performance Thermal Compound
    4GB 800MHz DDR2 Memory (2 Modules)
    nVidia GeForce 8700M GT w/512MB
    100GB | 7200 RPM | SATA
    Add 2nd 100GB | 7200 RPM | SATA-150 HDD
    8X DVD±R/RW/4X +DL MULTI DRIVE W/ SOFTWARE
    Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN / 802.11N
    Built in 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet / LAN Network Card
    Microsoft Windows XP Professional 64/Bit
    1.3M Digital Video Camera
    Free Notebook Carrying Case
    Built-In Bluetooth Module
    Sager 2 Year Warranty, Lifetime Tech Support

Sub Total$3,112.73
    Discounts$0.00
    Tax$0.00
    Shipping$42.86
    Final Total$3,155.59
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 11-29-2007 at 12:02 PM.

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Sweet!!!!!!
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Holy Crap... You could make several quad desktops for that price... Regardless, that is one sweet laptop... Congrats and I am super jealous!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    Holy Crap... You could make several quad desktops for that price... Regardless, that is one sweet laptop... Congrats and I am super jealous!!!
    Yes, I know only to well, but it is a concession I have to make to the little woman if I want a PC in the living room so I can monitor the rest of the Farm while watching TV with her ...

Oh yeah.... those "little woman" things have some very steep costs!!!

But, I'm learning to live with the vista powered quad. After all, it beats the hell out of *no* quad at all.

Anyway, congrats on the lappy!!!

Eek!! Vista... I would slap XP on that soooo fast... Are there any benefits to running Vista over XP with a quad core??

ya......... it's the wife's machine that I get to use the other 3 cores on. But I don't get to change it around... the way it come from the store is the way it stays, or my name is mud and no more computer. So it runs 3 instances of d2ol just marvy. Much better score than if I wasn't running the 3 cores at all.

Are there any benefits to running Vista over XP with a quad core??
    None at all from what I've read, in fact a whole lot of people are tanking the Vista OS that their PC's come with and installing XP, even some of the reviewers are doing the same thing.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have XP 64-Bit installed right from the Factory on the Laptop instead of Vista so I won't have to go through the hassle of getting rid of it as soon as I get it ...

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    You have to get the feeling that Vista is the "New Coke" of Microsoft when the factories begin giving the option of having XP installed.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I don't think any of the Custom Builders ever stopped giving the Option to install XP over Vista, if you buy 1 over the Counter your probably going to get Vista though as all the Major (HP - Dell etc) Builders install it automatically ... ... As much as Billy Bob would like to shove Vista down every ones throat it just ain't happening so far. A lot of people are refusing to have anything to do with it and Billy Bob needs to go back to the Drawing Board & come up with a better OS than Vista is.

The trouble with Microsoft is that they seem to think bigger is better so they keep bloating these OS's up to where every time 1 comes out you have to (or probably should) get a faster system to keep up with all the bloat.

As far as I'm concerned they will have to pry my copies of XP Pro from my Cold Dead Hands ... ... before I give into running Vista, it has nothing that I'm even remotely interested in ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 11-29-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast