Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer hang up

Computer hang up

My Intel C2D has a tendency to get a hang up, all activity stopped, and the mouse freeze. I have used a Labtec wireless mouse and changed it to Logitech wireless mouse from my Compaq. It seems have been better but during the night, the computer got a hang up running Cosmology.

I use a Rextron switch for viewing 3 of my computers. I can se it works because if I change computer from Intel as have stopped working to my AMD the mouse works. I have even checked the Administrator tool but there is nothing as tell me what is wrong.

Any idea what have happen or has any of experience of similar failure.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Mine has taken to BSoD when ever I plug in a USB flash drive

Any thoughts?
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

This is just because Intel SUCKS!
    If you can't make it ... Don't come!
    http://neogen.amdusers.com/contest2007/race4b.htm

Cured mine. I stripped it down, put it back together, voila. No more BSoD. God knows why it suddenly started acting up.
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

I have found a stress test programme named OCCT as I ran. I tested both RAM and CPU at the same time and choose “Normal priority” and it was stable. When testing only the memory choosing “High priority” using 240.960 KB the computer got a hang up. Then I tested the CPU using “High priority” and again the computer freeze. Running Cosmology I got several hang-ups. I decide run D2OL and MoneyBee as a test but the computer freeze. Then I ran D20L and eOn and it went well.

Because I have over clocked the Intel C2D I decide go back to the normal speed and now I run Cosmology again. The CPU temperature is constantly at 60 C (138 F) and the motherboard has a temperature at 38 C (100 F). 60 C is a bit high but I have not noticed if it is higher when running Cosmology compared to other projects. I have just now found a tool for ASUS motherboard named PC Probe II as chow Vcore, CPU, MB, CPU and chassis fans and much more. I have had it under “Programs” but not use it before today.

Now I will see if Cosmology will run or if the computer will freeze. The stress test was very hard running 30 minutes. Both the test of the RAM and CPU failed when I choose High priority and I know Cosmology use a memory hog. Right now, it uses 204.848 KB.

However, I cannot believe why the computer hangs due to high memory usage because I have RAM at 2.048 MB. Right now, I use 711 of 1.334 MB. Treads is 581 and processes are 50. 581 treads is too much and I do not know whish they are. Is it normal having so many treads? References are whole 12,947.

Link to OCCT: http://www.ocbase.com/perestroika_en/

Download OCCT Perestroika 1.1.1b. It is simple to use. Before start click on the preference “window” and choose what you want to test: CPU+RAM, only RAM or CPU and choose priority.

Lagu

The CPU temperature is constantly at 60 C (138 F)
    Thats really to high a Temp for running @ Stock Speed, the stock CPU Cooler is not noted for doing that good a job of cooling especially with all 4 Cores running. I would look into getting a better cooler if I were you ...

Yeah, it had been at 40-45 C before. Not long ago I had cleaned it from dust and dirt.

Now the Intel C2D have stopped get hang ups. I decide quite Cosmology, rejoined and get new WU’s. I think the old tasks as I was running were bad cause the computer to freeze. It was a real pain for me because I was thinking of a bad motherboard or memory. Now the end is good everything good.

did you re seat cooler ?

Quote Originally Posted by PcManiac View Post
    This is just because Intel SUCKS!
    Says mr Intel himself

Hi guys...I can say...I know what you're going through...I ended up with virtually a new computer after my experience... first one thing changed, then another.. and it wasn't any of them!..hope you get it fixed soon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast