Thread: Larger problem than thought?

Larger problem than thought?

More grist for the AMD misfortune trail..........

http://hardware.slashdot.org/article...37248&from=rss

i love AMD but stuff like this pisses me off.

but i suppose it also depends on how far up the management ladder this info made it. if front line management just swept it under the rug to get units out the door, thats one thing. but if it made it up several rungs worth on the ladder, then thats entirely different ( and much more severe ).

never the less, intel will never get my business. (ignore my two intel based laptops, those were a hell of a deal. think 80% discount)

as many problems as AMD may have or has, i still think they are fighting on hell of fight. depending on your point of view, one could say AMD has more advanced CPUs than Intel. ie; integrated memory controller, true quad core and so on.

i still want AMD to have another first gen opteron type product to come out to grab market share. but, i am happy with my phenom. and i wish i could buy about 20 more for crunchers. it owns.

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    There's a comment below the article that says something that is true... every single processor has an errata, a list of bugs that have been/will be fixed in later revisions, that people can check on the website. It's usually not easy to find, but it's there.

If it was a bug that hindered the processor's calculations output it would most likely have been caught in testing. Or by people running intensive calculations 24/7 like us. A "logic" bug probably does not affect calculations, it may just make things go through unwanted paths inside the processor. At least I hope that's just it...

It sounds like AMD is about to become a "has been" unless somethng changes in the near future for them.