Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 50,000 Club in Cosmology

Nice going meshmar!!
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Well Done Lagu
    Dave.

Thank you Dave. It has taken long compared to when I began run Cosmology. I remember every WU took lesser time to be done.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

Good effort Lagu. I agree I think they are taking longer to run now. eg. I have a task that is now at 80% and has taken nearly 8 hours when the predicted time is 6 hours on my core duo 1.67Ghz laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Good effort Lagu. I agree I think they are taking longer to run now. eg. I have a task that is now at 80% and has taken nearly 8 hours when the predicted time is 6 hours on my core duo 1.67Ghz laptop.
    Congrat's Lagu & anyone else I might have missed too ...

News

December 16, 2007 Small Change to the WU Generator
    We've made a small change to the work generator parameters which may affect the run-time of upcoming workunits. Don't be alarmed if WUs created after the 15th take a bit more or less to complete.
    That was posted yesterday at the Cosmo Site, my Quads won't see any Wu's created after the 15th for 4 or 5 days, maybe longer. But my 3.4 Laptop should start seeing them maybe tomorrow so I'll be able to tell then if the Wu's have increased or not.

50,000 Club in Cosmology

Congrats Lagu, I have not had such bad luck to garner those work units of greater length, I have been without electricity for over 24 hours in the past 4 days though. I just turned one of my systems back on after an evening of almost continuous lights on. I am in the middle of an ice storm, it ain't pretty, I prefer the white stuff over this fiasco. Saturday morning I awoke to a chore of no "E", I went out side and attempted to gain access to my car only to find 3/8 to 1/2 inch or about 11 to 14 mm of ice coating my car, this is the first time I used a hatchet to chip the ice off my car, not a plastic ice scraper. And, in doing that chore in a driving rain with temps below freezing I have now got the aches and pains of a cold on my back. Oh What Fun

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Thanks guys Sorry Nflight but you are a fighter so come again

Weehoo I made it. Where is my cookie?

50,000 Club in Cosmology

Way to go AquaJoe Here is an extra treat for your Christmas I hope you take your time and eat it slowly because your next hurdle will have a pie waiting for you that I will bake myself! Welcome to the 50,000 club and Merry Christmas AquaJoe!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Congrats AQUAJOE. Well done

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast