Thread: Nvidia's new Tesla GPU Processors

Nvidia's new Tesla GPU Processors

Thought you guys might like to see what the competition is dreaming up. I saw this a few months ago and was expecting someone else to post it, but anyhow, this is from June 2007:

http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/News...x?NewsId=20757

To whet your appetite this is a quote from the original article:

"The Tesla GPU features 128 parallel processors, and delivers up to 518 gigaflops of parallel computation. The GPU Computing processor can be used in existing systems partnered with high-performance CPUs.

Nvidia showcased the Tesla Deskside Supercomputer, a scalable computing system that includes two NVIDIA Tesla GPUs and attaches to a PC or workstation through a PCI-Express connection. Multiple deskside systems can be connected to a standard PC or workstation delivering up to 8 teraflops of compute power to the desktop."

And for those with deep pockets:

"In addition, NVidia announced the NVIDIA Tesla GPU Computing Server, a 1U server housing up to eight NVIDIA Tesla GPUs, containing more than 1000 parallel processors that add teraflops of parallel processing to clusters. The Tesla GPU Server is the first server system of its kind to bring GPU computing to the datacenter."

How do you like them apples - time for fundraising?

Not a big deal

This is just a response to AMD's Firestream announcement.

In fact: the spider platform lets you do even more.

My current build is just that..a maxed out 'spider'.

Start with a: MSI k9a2 Platinum mobo with 4 pci-e slots
    add: Ultra 1600w PSU
    add 3870x2 (for development)
    add 8G ddr2 800 mem
    stuff into: Lian-li 1200plus case

wait for: 9750 B3 (in April)
    wait for: 4- Rv770x2 cards (May -June?)
    add: 4- Koolance watercool blocks and hardware
    (Just waiting on the rest of parts)

RV770x2 cards will do about 2.25 Tflop each in this setup - 9 Tflop in this box.

From what I know the rv770 will have 480 'shaders' in the GPU.

Thats a total of 3840 'shaders' fpu units.

The only reason it won't be the fastest PC is that some crazy will go and use liquid nitrogen on one of these. That would push the total to the mid 40s Tflop in one box.

There has been a lot of talk about that 9750 B3 and I am watching intently.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'm waiting for the (bug free) phenom. they better hurry or I buy a Lada jeep instead

i am very interested in phenom 9700 or 9750 as well (i have been told that phenoms that have been released ie 9500, 9600 with b3 stepping will be called 9550 9650 where as other new b3 stepping model will be 9700, 9800 ect i guess will will know for sure in a week or two)