Thread: Porivo.com

Porivo.com

I signed up for this to try it out but after more than a week it still says I am "pending". I am not going to run this until I know that I have been approved. Anyone know how long this takes and whether or not this project is worth doing?

It all depends on what connection type and your location. If they need either / both probably, then your status becomes active. You need to be available on-line ie have it running for a certain amount of time before they'll consider upgrading your status. When active they will pay you a small amount each month. I usually earn about USD5 to 10 a month. Usually its on cable or ADSL attached PCs but sometimes I have a dial-up connection running just so I can remain on "active" duty.

From memory they say what connection types and locations they are looking for somewhere on their web site.

Ok thanks. I wasn't running it until it became active so I guess I would have had a long wait. lol

Sometimes it uses lots of bandwidth, usually it doesn't use much. If you can spare it just leave a computer attached to it and see what happens.

I have it set up on a computer at work with DSL where bandwidth isn't a concern and it has been doing quite a bit of work in just the few hours since I fired it up. It doesn't seem to use much CPU time so I am running it along with F@H.

Keith

What exactly does the client do in this project? How secure is the project?