Thread: Lattice Message

Lattice Message

I got this in my email today...

Dear project participants:
    We have recently made our code signing procedure more secure, but in so doing have needed to regenerate our code signing keys. Thus, if you had BOINC client(s) previously attached to the project, it seems you will need to detach/re-attach to the Lattice BOINC Project (http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/) in order to receive the new public key and successfully process new work. If I discover an easier mechanism, I will let you know. Until then, sorry for the inconvenience!
    Sincerely,
    Adam Bazinet

Yes I saw that too and did the detach / reattach thing. After I ran some tasks for them I thought I'd browse their site and they have an update that says you only have to press "Update" in BOINC now and it should work.

Lattice Message

I received the same message, then I did the detach on one project and it worked, but I zoomed back and read exactly what vaughan read an the update did not work. I waited for a long time and nothing occurred, I would say detach and re-attach is the best methodology, I have gotten some work units and with a few MD5 hashes not liking each other everything is cool on my systems.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...