Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MilkyWay issue

MilkyWay issue

It seems as there is a issue on MilkyWay because I can´t get any new work. I keep saying I have reached the 20 WU´s limit or there is a http-error.

Any of you as have experionce of it?
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    I just don't think that Milkyway is in any way ready for even a casual push from us at this time. There just aren't the number of wu's there to feed our machines and because of this I think for awhile we would find more nights like last night than we would good nights. It is a fun project to run but only when there is pleanty of work. I'm off to Tampaku.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

check for downloading wu in the transfer tab. I've had some that 'stick' during downloading and have to abort the wu AND the transfer to get more wu.

Other than this issue, I've never had a problem getting plenty of WU ...
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

I agree, theres not enough wu's avail to feed my droids. I might go back to do some tanpaku work also.

I tossed most of mine onPrimeGrid for now just to see how things go after reading another post this morning.

I had one "stick" on every system last night causing them all to sit and waste cycles. If Travis gets this fixed and brings more wu's online I'll be back. I like running this project I just don't want to have to micromanage it right now. As far as "never having a problem getting plenty of WU's" There have been times that it let me run dry but no more than most other start-ups. All and all I think Travis does an excellent job. I would like to see him take of that silly 20 wu limit or extend the length of the wu's so there would be more reaction time to a problem.
    Last edited by gatekeeper53; 12-31-2007 at 03:48 PM.

I've grabbed a few workunits, but it doesn't look like we're in too much danger of losing our team ranking.

i hope you are running this project on linux since it completes work units at nearly twice the speed as windows xp/xp_x64

I have got 20 WU´s of which 15 are ready for crunching and 5 has the status "Fetch" and it has been so for a while.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

abort the transfer on the ones in "Fetch" status!
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast