Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MilkyWay unreachable

MilkyWay unreachable

I’m running MilkyWay and 3-4 times I couldn’t reach their neither homepage nor up- or download new work. I did not understand why. No one had complained in their forum and in our own forum. I checked my router and it had blocked a lot of attempts from a certain IP-numbers. I was unsure if it was from MilkyWay so I changed to another router.
    In the evening it was impossible get new works again and Boinc freeze when I clicked on any “Buttons”. I decided to run D2OL and was searching after I was unable finding it. I need a new agent because I had reinstalled Windows.

I knew how find it so I typed in http://distributedcomputing.info/projects.html and searched after D20L.When doing so I discovered there was a new finesse added such “Current status of active Boinc servers” and when my eyes fell on MilkyWay the status is “Unreachable”.

Whish relief see there is nothing wrong here. So now I run MoneyBee and eOn instead. But it is strange no one has discovered this issue and their staff has nothing said. What can the reason be? Are their servers down every other day?

Boinc, Boinc why are you so bloody stupid? Other non-Boinc is better than you and stable! You are a great asshole! Only so you know! You only cause problems for me!
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

They have been having issues for several days, and it was mentioned - in their front page news. This is the one from yesterday:

January 8, 2007 Server Outages
    Our labstaff is going to be taking down milkyway for awhile to run some tests to see why it's been crashing so frequently. Hopefully it will be back soon running smoothly.

And the day before:
    January 7, 2007 Server Outages
    It looks like there have been some more power problems with the server, which is why it's been offline. We're working our labstaff to get these problems fixed.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Strong words my friend I think BOINC drives us mad sometimes, hey?

Also know that the test project Gerasim is also down. It is like a yoyo too - up & down, up & down, but such is the life of test projects.

That is a good link you posted Lagu. Another helpful site is http://www.boincsynergy.com/
    on the left side is a list of project statuses.

Thanks meshmar!

last time I was online these messages wasn´t there. If I remember right it was from Jan 03 so I have missed their announcement.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

URI Changed

Did you notice that there URI changed to

http://milkyway.cs.rpi.edu/milkyway/

I am not sure when this happened, but perhaps this info will help you.
    End your computer's loafing.
    http://www.volunteerathome.com

it appears that milkyway has run out of work

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    That happens a little to regular. That's why I quit running it.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

Quote Originally Posted by gatekeeper53 View Post
    That happens a little to regular. That's why I quit running it.
    just run it along side another project/s but set other project/s at a lower resource share ie main project resource share 1000 back up projects 1, at least your comps wont be idle when work units runs out on your main project

MilkyWay seems to have run into troubles once more

Hmmm, Milkyway 3rd day off-line... anybody knows whats happened ?
    Greetz,
    Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast