Thread: Something new at H2

Something new at H2

I have been a long time member of the Hydrogen project so when I see something new arrive, let me tell you this is truly different for this project. I also noticed my loss in points standing over all of three positions in one day.

First off is the length of Hydrogen work units we are now up to close to 25 minutes each. Then the other issue is that you need 3 for a quorum. Since not many people are running this project it would be nice to find people with similar systems to compare to your own running. Better output less pending credits. While I can say that the frequency of output of work units is very low, it has become more steady in recent days. I am going to come back here and mention the uptake at this project now and again.

When running the work units please take note that the progress timer is way off, it will say 65% completed for most of the time, if not all the time! The actual output of the timer may look like it stops all together, it hasn't it just does not know how to act yet with this type of work unit. Remember we are in alpha stage, anything can happen and usually does!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Nflight how large are the downloads for each task these days?
    /Edit: just d/l one to Windows and the files were over 50MB in total. Hope this is not per task!
    Last edited by vaughan; 01-11-2008 at 02:34 AM. Reason: add edit

Something new at H2

I figured out one to be about 450k + or - a couple.

There are only a few of us trying to hold off the hordes!

These are usually pretty fast WUs - but don't trust the % complete, it tends to hang up at a couple of spots (mainly the 62.5% spot). There are a few big WUs occasionally (over an hour on an Athlon 64 3500+), but normally much shorter.

This is still alpha, so ...
    Last edited by meshmar; 01-11-2008 at 09:45 PM.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Something new at H2

The last work unit was only about 125k on the download for one work unit! Still watching, there are not many people crunching as my two systems are the quorum of two, one does the initial work and the other one rechecks it.