Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Wieferich@Home

I have now update the elMath agent on my AMD64 but it took over 1 hour. When I tried load their homepage it is damn to slow. I will wait to lather before I will update my Intel and AMD Athlon.

It isn´t worth be sitting in the night and waith for it to finich. But I can already say the new agent is really fast.

My AMD64 runs at 2.277/207 MHz
    CPU Priority = Normal
    Memory use = High (Extreme speed)
    CPU temp = 52C
    System = 32 C

But I wonder what "Stop other work" mean?

Any as know if elMath support SSE2, SSE3 and 3DNow?

Lagu
    Last edited by Lagu; 02-05-2008 at 03:08 AM. Reason: Putted in a Question
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

After I updated the agent as runs on my AMD64 the first WU was finiched after an hour. Then next WU sloved down drastically to 0,08 % per step. Before it jumped between 0,66 to 1.66 %. That is a huge difference.

Total tested primes per sec is between 572-656 and bits is 51
    There is also bits 53 and I dont know if there is any difference in time when they will be finiched.

Lagu

Now I have the newest ElMath-agent on all 4 cores but when I should upgrade the Intel I failed and yet I did 3 attemps. What did I then? Yes,

1. Go to the folder of ElMath.
    2. Copy and paste the main icon of Elmath to the dachboard.
    3. Quit both agents
    4. Click on the main icon and only 1 agent starts.
    4 Rightclick on the agent and "Search after update"

Follow the instructions and both agents will be updated. You ned not use both to upgrade both. It is simple and takes 30 sec. Only click on update, then OK. Don´t change anything!

6. Click on main icon again and you have 2 agents in the systray or what the name now is.
    7. Set your preferences on both and cloce both agents. (There will be a daloque square as tell you to restart the agent.)

8. And that is important: Remove the main icon and use the common icon to start both at the same time.

Lagu

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Beer,
    You were right! The duals didn't update with the simple way. I had to download from the site and do them before they started giving out bonus. Sometimes language barriers drive me nuts. When the update is good the clients do have the new form.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I tried updating on a Core 2 Duo that had two clients with the short tasks at approx 50% complete. I clicked on the Update word from R clicking the stoplight in the System Tray and proceeded to update my Main client. It wiped out the two partially completed tasks.

Note to self for the other computers in my pharm

Jan never answered my question in the official message board about "how often does it do a checkpoint?"

Does anyone have any stats yet on how long the tasks take on different CPUs?

It seems that if you just stop the client it checkpoints at that point with no loss. I did the same thing as you did when I updated one of my machines and lost 2 half done short tests, (I hate losing finished work) the peroidical tests went on seemingly unaffected. If this calms down for a couple of days now we should be able to see how long they take on different machines by comparing the times in the finished work files of each machine. Since one starts as soon as another finishes it should be a simple matter of subtraction.

Yea, I lost 2 tests on each core for a total of 4... But the tests that started on the new app, finished super fast. The second set of WU's are still going... I did get some bonus points though. So it kinda makes up for it I guess...

I am using the maximum setting for the client. I was running 4 virtual machines just for dimes. I had to close 2 of them so Wieferich would run at it's highest settings. I will see if it is worth it. I may start my 2 virtual machines up and set the memory down to the lowest setting if Wieferich doesn't pan out. My Dimes scores are suffering...

I think I have everything firing on all cylinders now so it should gain some ground. If this guy http://www.elmath.org/index.php?id=d...r=0113014311C1 makes the updates, it'd going to look like he's been shot out of a cannon.

Yikes, no kidding... That's crazy... I had to switch back to the lowest memory setting. My machine ran like crap. I only have 2 gigs of Ram... I have 4 virtual machines going, 5 instances of Dimes and Wieferich going all at the same time... Maybe I should add more RAM. Then maybe I could get a few more Virtual Machines going. Maybe I could keep up with Vaughan's sudden increase in Dimes production.
    Last edited by Lagu; 02-05-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast