Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wieferich@Home

Wieferich@Home

A new non-BOINC project joins our Mathematics section today. Of course AMD Users continues its proud tradition of finding and supporting new projects. Consequently we enter the team stakes in World 1st place.

Go AMD Users!

The project's url is:

http://www.elmath.org/index.php?id=main

and the statistics are located here:

http://www.elmath.org/index.php?id=statistics

The message board is here:

http://www.elmath.org/forum/index.php

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    I've been running this for a little while now and once you get it set up (which is a bit tricky) it is a project that requires the least babysitting that I have run.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

If you will run this project and use the BETA-version uour username must hav 6 letters. If you have 5 it is impossible register the agent. For avoid trouble use 6 letters from the beginning. If you only plan running the Standard client using 1 core you are not in need of 6 letters.

But if you lather plan to add a dual core you must change name.

You can run it on 4-cores too.
    Their client runs as main.exe and is called elMATH
    Read their message boards how you can do that.
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

All I can say is thet elMath has a nice agent where you can watch the process your scores and team total scores.

Read this:

Wieferich@home is a scientific experiment that uses Internet-connected computers in the Search for next Wieferich and Near-Wieferich primes. You can participate by running a free application or screensaver that seeks Wieferich primes. Application has implemented optimal algorithms for systematic seeking the next Wieferich prime. Wieferich@home is a screen-saver or application that uses your computer's idle time to seek Wieferich primes. We want to find the third Wieferich prime and new Near-Wieferich primes. Help scientists to search the third Wieferich prime and participate.
    Last edited by Lagu; 01-29-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Added some info

We seem to be losing ground... Is everyone still running this project??

No, I backed off once we reached 1st. Got some BOINC'ing and eOn'ing to do. I'm still waiting for the application version where you can set it for no more new work. Jan said it was coming but I haven't seen any release yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    We seem to be losing ground... Is everyone still running this project??
    I´m! 4 cores

I have 3 cores going... We just need to keep a close eye on second place. They are catching up...

Jason could you PM or e-mail me when you need help on Wieferich please? I'm trying to grab as many Chess960 tasks as I can at the moment. Also trying my hand back in RieselSieve Boinc and I'm chasing a rank change in eOn so I'm spread thin. I put Doomeva's fileserver running Gentoo 32bit on PrimeGrid duties. Also experimenting with a Gentoo 64bit install on a new Q6600. Problems so far as the the original HDD - Seagate 500GB SATA II - decided it didn't like a dual boot of Vista Home Premium 32bit and Gentoo 64 bit. Yesterday Doomeva replaced the Seagate HDD and put in a 76GB WD Raptor. Today he's installing Gentoo 64bit then I hope to have an ABC cruncher.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Yesterday Doomeva replaced the Seagate HDD and put in a 76GB WD Raptor. Today he's installing Gentoo 64bit then I hope to have an ABC cruncher.
    In my house we call that "Dad Tax".
    It also lends itself nicely to stealing the odd french-fry or piece of chocolate.
    Kids can be so useful to have around. LOL
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast