Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: February Race 2008

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    Well, we've entered the second half of the race, and things are going better than I expected. In 4 days we crunched almost 300K in Poem, and 30K in Folding!

I wasn't expecting that we would reach team Zirconia in Poem, so I didn't include them in the graph, but now I'm thinking that we'll be very close to them by the end of the race.

I also think that I have to review my benchmarks now with duals and quads on boinc. I set the pharmers line higher than ever (4,000 credits/day) and still we have a large portion of the participants above it. Are we all pharmers or am I setting the value too low?

An odd event is happening on this race though, vaughan is on the Regulars league? This has never happened before, as far as I remember.

Let's see what other surprises these last three days have for us.

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    NeoGen,

My total Base Points + progressive points total is higher then my points total on the project.
    It is possible that you may have a transposition error in your data collection for Day 4.
    Could you check that for us, please?

Thanks.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    NeoGen,

My total Base Points + progressive points total is higher then my points total on the project.
    It is possible that you may have a transposition error in your data collection for Day 4.
    Could you check that for us, please?

Thanks.
    Oops again... Thank God you're double checking.

I spotted it. Yup, another transposition (i.e. copy-paste) error. I got to stop thinking about girls and focus!

I'll upload the corrected table in a few hours when I fetch day 5 stats.

is anyone else getting this message from poem ? "communication failed: attempting access to reference site" or "Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down." i have looked at web site for poem everything seems fine and it apprears other people have been able to return work units which me think that it is something going on at my end but a bit puzzled by that why am i able to surf web but not upload results ?
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 02-23-2008 at 03:31 AM. Reason: was resolved by rebooting router thanks frederic

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    is anyone else getting this message from poem ? "communication failed: attempting access to reference site" or "Access to reference site succeeded - project servers may be temporarily down." i have looked at web site for poem everything seems fine and it apprears other people have been able to return work units which me think that it is something going on at my end but a bit puzzled by that why am i able to surf web but not upload results ?
    weird, tried to close boinc completely and start again? I was wondering why you werent putting out anything

Has anyone detected any increase at all in the team output on Folding@Home due to this race?

Site Admin
    Last 24 Hours!!!

It's the now or never! Let's see if we can reach 1,000,000 on Poem!

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Last 24 Hours!!!

I'd rather say lets see if we can reach Zirconia

Quote Originally Posted by NeoGen View Post
    Last 24 Hours!!!

The 1,000,000 was easy. Can we get another 100,000 to pass Zirconia is the question.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Unless someone can pull 70.000 credits out their ass, we're not gonna make it past Zirconia today

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast