Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: February Race 2008

Thumbs up February Race 2008

Well folks the news is cheering up, looks like a race will occur this month after some delay since our last in November 2007. We would like your opinion of course as we like to run your projects. So feel the need and express which projects you prefer to run and why. What we need is to make sure we have two choices for those boinc and non-boinc types are both invited to race.

Applications make up the worst frustration because we need to make sure that the majority can run each project. So we are looking for savvy projects that allow Windows 32 & 64 bit, Linux 32 & 64 bit, and mac if at all possible. The project you prefer to run may have only one OS accepted and with enough response and support we will over look the OS's Applications and run the most wanted. You never know this is your race on your projects, challenged against others to see who can tweak there machines for the best output. Make no claim most of us do not have more then one or two machines at our disposal. This is not heroics we are after, it is to see what you can do against most likely yourself compared to others with similar machines.

At this time I would love to see what projects people would like to run in this months Race? The final results will only be made public 2 days before we race. The race schedule is set for the 17th through the 24th. That would be midnight to midnight. What is your selection? Check the forum calendar for calculating your time to start.

Racing Schedule is POEM@Home for BOINC, and Folding for Non-BOINC *****! ! ! Warm those engines up - @Please notice the Dates have changed...More will be posted on a new thread at the beginning of the Race!
    Last edited by Nflight; 02-13-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Added more details

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I prefer ElMath because there is so little members running that project. It is nessesary if we all as run it right now will maintain our lead. Unfortinately, it does not support Linux. But Brucifer have alvways gone his own way. And PoorBoy is a Boinc guy.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I vote for more than 2 days notice before race, I'm not home during the week (normally) and would need time to switch over.

I'm more of a BOINC guy, but I guess I can spend some time with out if we choose a non-BOINC project.

I vote for Boinc: Rosetta
    Non-Boinc:D2OL

GO TEAM !!

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Wieferich@Home

February Race 2008

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    I vote for more than 2 days notice before race, I'm not home during the week (normally) and would need time to switch over.
    Quote Originally Posted by gamer007 View Post
    I'm more of a BOINC guy, but I guess I can spend some time with out if we choose a non-BOINC project.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAdder View Post
    I vote for Boinc: Rosetta
    Non-Boinc:D2OL

GO TEAM !!
    We will take into consideration the 2 days delay liuqyn!

Gamer007: no one said we can't have both types in any race, there is always an option!

Blackadder: Thank You for voting...

Beerknurd: Your choice is LOUD and CLEAR

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Gamer007: no one said we can't have both types in any race, there is always an option!
    If we have a BOINC and a non-BOINC race, I can do both with my Q6600. Overclocked to 3.0GHz (stock is 2.4GHz) on stock cooling too and running great.

I was thinking of suggesting Predictor, Docking, or APS, but I'd probably be sent off to the loony bin

It's difficult to suggest some BOINC projects that have consistent work available -- enough for a PUSH week. Several lesser known ones such as Lattice, ufluids, and LHC keep running out of work. POEM or Malariacontrol might work. As for non-BOINC, D2OL would be a good one.

Wieferich and Dnet
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast