Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another New Release 2.0.5.1

In a cornfield about 35 miles east of St. Louis
    Think of the Launcher as a JCL packet (duh I'm old lol) and the app as batch jobs. The launcher is unchanging and the app is started as many times as needed by the launcher. All you really update is the software for the app.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni!

I am totally against political jokes....I've seem to many of them elected!!

I got a popup message about the new client so I did as you have mentoined Gatekeeper53 and it worked fine.

But what is new? Have he fixed a few bugs or have he improved the time of a finiched work? On their homepage he have not said anyting. I can see the process isn´t faster rather the same.

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

I have no idea what has changed. If anything it seems slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagu View Post
    But what is new? Have he fixed a few bugs or have he improved the time of a finiched work? On their homepage he have not said anyting. I can see the process isn´t faster rather the same.

Lagu
    i have had a litle play around with new app seems like these some multi threading or something going on, one version of main.exe running will use upto about 98% of cpu of dual core then i tried it on phenom and will use 50% of cpu ie 2 cores

ps terry i followed your instructions, i now have 16 clients installed lol is there some way to merge clients with this project ?
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 02-19-2008 at 12:10 PM. Reason: typo

On my Intel C2D one core use 50% IE. 100% and the second one 46-50% IE. 96-100% somthing. Having 2 cores they not chow 100% only 50% each. In the reality they use 100 or lesser percent.

Lagu

Terry, I did notice your main.exe not is of current date. The current version is 2.0.6.1.

Perhaps you know that and choose to not update?

Lagu

Welllll we had a lightning strike that took out 7 of my puters. And my ISP (who I had had to much trouble from already) So I spent the last 2 weeks working on getting a better uplink. I worked out a deal with the local cable company to get use of their connection. All I had to do was run a cable to where their system passes on the county road (about 2/3 of a mile from my house) and they put in a junction so I could connect. I had to buy and bury almost 4,000 feet of coax that was swept to 3Gh and I now have 6Mb service, up from about 1.5 Mb. Now all I need to do is to get some computers up and running. Since I turned in 5 that a storm got 2 years ago I have decided to just slowly rebuild at my own expense rather than have my insurance bill go up. For the time being I think I'll just run Majestic12 for awhile as 1 or 2 machines just won't make that much difference. I'm waiting on parts for 3 more (no upgrades just getting the ones up that are the cheapest right now) In a month or 2 I plan on sitting down and building some quads. I just got up on the net on Thursday and everything is still calming down. Read the "wife" is calming down. lol Her machine took the worst of it and lost cpu, MB, PS, both hard drives, so at least she still has a case and strangely the ram seems to be fine lol. Her laptop was plugged in and it lost the HD and charger. Of the 4 4800+'s in the house mine is the only one still running. We also lost 3 TV's, the refrigerator, both of the kids tv's and stereos and several game systems, the washer and dryer, and all the breakers in the main box. It all came to over $15,000 so the puters are getting sacrificed to buy upgraded models of everything else. The speed test below is with Majestic12 running I was hitting over 8,000 last night.
    Last edited by gatekeeper53; 03-29-2008 at 10:45 PM.

oh geeze
    sorry to hear of your losses

Thanks for the update. Sounds like your family is ok. That's good news.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

We were worried for you Terry. Saw the news footage of storms and floods in your region of the US on the television, some amazing fury of Mother Nature for sure

Its good to here that you are safe and well on the way to crunching your way forward. Can you claim insurance for the damage that occurred? Or does the insurer wriggle out of the claim somehow?

Wieferich is missing you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast