Thread: Setup

Setup

Here's a basic guideline of how to set up DPAD on your puter

on the dpad website (http://www.stephenbrooks.org/muon1/)
    it says version 4.44d download (NOT THE PATCH!!!!!)
    download that, you can choose if you want a zip or a rar file (zip might be easier)
    after unzip
    then you have to create a text file in notepad with this text: [AMD Users]Username
    save it as user.txt and paste it in your dpad folder you unzipped
    you can adjust the settings in the config.txt file where you can set the cpu useage to 50% if you want to
    run sob on the second core (dualcore pc)
    if you want to see a dos window with running numbers, doubleclick muon1 cmd line
    if not, do the background.exe one
    and to make it start automatically, create a shortcut of the exe or cmd and place it in your startup folder
    then is rolling
    how do you control the uploading of work units when they are completed?
    it does it automatically
    if you want to save and dump, you have to answer N to the automatic uploading of work in the config.txt file
    it will only send at 100 kilobytes i think, and then you will appear in the stats, under AMD Users as your Username

edit: I know its a little basic but if you have any questions, just ask
    Last edited by Frederic Brillouet; 02-08-2008 at 09:07 PM.

FB,

Can the CPU usage be set lower than 50%..like maybe 30%..or less..? I haven't tried to setup this yet. I am just thinking of using DPAD on a machine that has some spare (-30%) cycles....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Setup

I have set it to 50% and it had no problem, having two processors I figured 1/2 was ok, I have never tried non-divisble slices of the pie as your proposing~!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

should work, I cant give a money back guarantee so to speak, but i dont see why it shouldnt work. in the config.txt file there is a CPU throttle (%) option, give it a try (you can also set how many threads its using, so if you have a dual core and you only want to use 30% of 1 core, set the number of threads to 1 and then change the cpu throttle thingie

I have been running DPAD before but lost their agent and have downloaded a new one. Will I begin from start or can I start från my last point?

I have no experience of how it will work the second time.

And their agent isn´t made for 2 cores???

Lagu
    Once an AMDuser always an AMD user

the agent will run on however many cores it finds, just make sure to use the same account name and you'll be fine.