Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: PC sick or what?

I've moved it loads of times before..same HDD as before the upgrade of processor...how come it's got precious now!
    Seriously...thanks Richie, I wondered what had gone on/gone wrong! I'll be gentle with it in future!

It might have been reading/writing to the pagefile when you moved it... who knows. Or you might have a loose RAM stick

Quote Originally Posted by spikey_richie View Post
    It might have been reading/writing to the pagefile when you moved it... who knows. Or you might have a loose RAM stick
    Oh I would believe anything at this stage! My USB problem has not been fixed at all really...I've had new...everything, bar the case it sits in....Hmmm, could that have been the problem? No...seriously! I cannot load/boot up with anymore than 1 usb attachment...yet, once booted, I can attach about 3/4 printer/mouse/webcam via a powered usb hub attached via usb card...I daren't use any more....

It can't be the new motherboard...or the new graphics card...so why not the case? There were a couple of usb ports on the front of the case that they never did get to work...even when they first built it...and recently, the techs used that usb port and it blew their equipment...now...when I try plugging in my mouse/ printer/webcam to the top 4 usb ports they don't work...the only ones working are the usb 2 card lower down on the case...that I put in..

So I ask you all...could it be the tower case that has some been corrupted/broken???
    Last edited by Dee; 02-29-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Found the case online

OK...it's back after another week with the techies...this time I was told it was a rare fault with the HDD overheating....so now there is a new HDD...got it home this evening to find ALL my data has gone/ not been reinstalled! Will I be able to retrieve it from the old HDD? On the plus side...the usb ports are now working so I guess it wasn't a faulty case after all!

Quote Originally Posted by Dee View Post
    OK...it's back after another week with the techies...this time I was told it was a rare fault with the HDD overheating....so now there is a new HDD...got it home this evening to find ALL my data has gone/ not been reinstalled! Will I be able to retrieve it from the old HDD? On the plus side...the usb ports are now working so I guess it wasn't a faulty case after all!
    That sucks Dee, hope you'll be able to get your data back and that your puter wont give any problems anymore (au contraire of mine)

in one of the earlier post you said you did back ups, can you not use these or are they on old hard drive ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    in one of the earlier post you said you did back ups, can you not use these or are they on old hard drive ?
    It was a Mcaffee backup....and, naively I don't think it was enough....but it is on my external drive.

They gave me back the old HDD....in a box! Problem being...all my receipts, important emails, favourites, photos, documents have gone...or re still on that HDD...when this wind dies down...there will be another storm in Suffolk!

That's just dumb! The LEAST they could have done is put the files onto a DVD!
    Is the connector/socket on the HDD in the box like the one on the left, or the right?

I took it back in today...but it appears to be mashed...so no files...my only hope is the previous back up is still hanging around...I'm trying again at 4pm today...wish me luck!!

these a program made by runtime software GetDataBack i have used earlier version of this program worked really well for me, a little slow though but it will also find deleted files

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast