Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Orbit@Home coming back soon!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    Good Idea Vaughan, I wish now I would have done the same thing with the 4 I have be because these things are like the Eveready Battery Bunny, he just keeps going & going & going ...

The 4 I have are @ about 210 Hr's now and within less than an hour to completion but that could still take 15-20 hours before their done the way these things run ...

I won't be running any more unless theres a Trickle Credit System put in place or the Wu's get a lot shorter, somewhere in the 1-2 hour range would be more stress-less worrying if their going to crash or not ...
    you dont call it the duracell bunny?

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    you dont call it the duracell bunny?
    Actually it's the Energizer Bunny which is a Subsidiary of Eveready ...

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    I won't be running any more unless theres a Trickle Credit System put in place or the Wu's get a lot shorter, somewhere in the 1-2 hour range would be more stress-less worrying if their going to crash or not ...
    I'm with you on this one. I'm not one to crunch projects just on how much credit they give (whatever amount that gets me to 100k). However, I don't like losing a ton of computing time, if it could have been used by another, more stable project. uFluids will give you credit for failed workunits most of the time, and if a trickle system isn't implemented, at least give us something to make up for the time put forth.

The way things are going, I hope they are going to just release shorter running workunits after these "beasts" are killed off!
    LRMs

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    The way things are going, I hope they are going to just release shorter running workunits after these "beasts" are killed off!
    LRMs
    I couldn't agree more. I had one that twice failed to resume from a checkpoint and at 80 hours crunching with zero progress I killed it as impossible. Dave.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123