Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: phenom 9550, 9650, 9700, 9900

phenom 9550, 9650, 9700, 9900

phenom 9550, 9650, 9700, 9900 will be new model numbers coming out when they do, and since it has been too quite in regards to launch date i am guessing it has been pushed back, basically late last year i heard rumors that these cpu's would launch around middle of march but i have heard nothing of this at this point in time which makes me think it aren't happening also ddr3 mobos are supposed to come out around middle of year maybe might be able to get ddr3 mobo with phenom 9900 .... i cant wait

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    phenom 9550, 9650, 9700, 9900 will be new model numbers coming out when they do, and since it has been too quite in regards to launch date i am guessing it has been pushed back, basically late last year i heard rumors that these cpu's would launch around middle of march but i have heard nothing of this at this point in time which makes me think it aren't happening also ddr3 mobos are supposed to come out around middle of year maybe might be able to get ddr3 mobo with phenom 9900 .... i cant wait
    Perchance they have changed the name to the Vapor CPU.

Beginning to sound like the software used to be.... vaporware.

But then might as well take their time. The way the dollar is going, they will have to have a price on it that is gonna shock the amd fans.
    Last edited by Brucifer; 03-03-2008 at 06:55 AM.

I'm starting to think that the Intel Q9300, Q9450 and the Q9550 cpus are vaporcpu's as well... maybe they're all rebranding?

when they arrive you will notice my numbers going up nothing vapor ware here

Quote Originally Posted by Danish Dynamite View Post
    when they arrive you will notice my numbers going up nothing vapor ware here
    vapor points????

Cheap shot I know! I just couldn't resist!

well i have managed to find this article and from what it has said i think i will be getting phenom 9750's

While the reading is nice, it does pose some questions and thoughts. Why put out a triple core in April with B2 stepping, and then do the B3 triple in May? Should have just saved the rollout until May and bypassed the B2 triple.

And of course it begs the question too of why even bring out a triple rather than just use the quad? There can't be that much of a price spread between the triple and the quad one would think. Earlier releases had mentioned that the triple was going to the low end mass producers for their low end products.

All I can say is I hope they can stick to their schedule. AMD needs to get a bit of trust built back up in their release comments and there has been a lot of gas/vapor in the not to recent past.

But anyway, thanks for posting the url as it is an interesting read.

Quote Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
    And of course it begs the question too of why even bring out a triple rather than just use the quad? There can't be that much of a price spread between the triple and the quad one would think. Earlier releases had mentioned that the triple was going to the low end mass producers for their low end products.
    From what I've read the tri-cores are quad-cores with a defective and thus disabled core. Instead of wasting the silicon, might as well recoup some of the cost. Certainly, they'll need to be priced as midrange between the Phenoms and dual-cores.

In regards to not releasing a B2 stepping versus waiting for B3. Well, why don't they wait for G2 stepping? You see how it can be a never ending cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    In regards to not releasing a B2 stepping versus waiting for B3. Well, why don't they wait for G2 stepping? You see how it can be a never ending cycle.
    For one month????

one month earlier is one month of income

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast