Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flaky Dimes Stats

oh well i guess this makes up for me being down all them times with dial up and still getting credits

in other words what you pick up on the round about you loss on the u turn lol

Flaky Dimes Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Beerknurd View Post
    Dimes is pissing me off... I am shutting down 12 clients. I will still keep 2 going for now. I am tired of the stats going up and down.

Once they become more stable, I will try again...
    What do you think your gonna do now, Put more effort on EoN? How about restarting your seventeen or bust account and add some points over here once again! Sure would be nice to be in the same Sand Box once again, and besides your your in front of me instead of behind me like EoN!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I'll probably stick with Eon for a while... I will probably start my Dimes clients up in the next few days as well...

I ran SOB a few months back. I can only stand running that project for so long. It is super boring...

do you think your problem might be related to running the same agent name on multiple machines?

It's not just my dimes stats that are messing up. It's the dimes project that goes down... Look at some of the top members scoring 800,000+ per day. The Ukraine member's must have 150+ clients going with the same name...

was just a thought pulled out of thin air, as I hadn't even looked at the stats for awhile. though I did put a few clients back online.

It's great to have you aboard again... I cranked the clients up again... I'm such a sucker...

Make sure you are running the latest version of the DIMES client (0.5.0). One of the upgrades is:

• Support in default measurements run in case the DIMES Server is down.

The previous version doesn't have the upgrades. Why not continue running DIMES regardless of these IMO "much ado about nothing" server problems? It's not taxing the CPU much at all, and if your internet service is capped, you probably wouldn't/shouldn't be running it anyway.

Does Dimes have any sort of control panel or any interface where I can see if it is working or not, or set up run optins? The install didn't put an icon on my panel or anything. I'm not interested in running a screensaver (taking up more processing capacity). Dimes has stopped twice on me and I can't even see it running as an application on the Widoze control panel.

There should be a tray icon... To see if it's running, click on the tray icon and look at the messages tab... I think it's called messages... It's the second or third tab. If those lines keep updating and they aren't red it's working. Even if the Dimes website isn't updating, keep running the client. The stats catch up.

If you have any other questions, just ask...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast