Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cels@Home Forum Created

Sometimes and that's the unfair bit. Some teams have more than one participant.

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    Sometimes and that's the unfair bit. Some teams have more than one participant.
    Just checking the Top Teams page , all teams either have 1 or 0 members. I believe the teams were created by importing from BOINC Wide Teams, so only the Founder is listed as a member. I tried joining the team, even manually editing the URL, but it will not work.

Also, is anyone else having really slow downloads of the tasks? If I leave it to boinc to get the input file, it takes several hours. So when I see one in the Transfer tab, I suspend network access, create a copy of client_state.xml, open it and copy/paste the url of the file into a download manager which only takes about 45-60 minutes to d/l the task. Then transfer the full input file into the project folder, re-enable the network access in boinc and it happily states file already exists.

I've only got 1 task so far, but it downloaded without any problem.

After trying to read the forums on the site, and having them not load, I ran some tests. It appears there is a malfunctioning router between me and the project. Entering a proxy into the browser and boinc changes the path and gives much better speed to the site.

Edit: Received a task and the d/l using proxy took 35 seconds.
    Last edited by BobCat13; 07-05-2009 at 08:03 PM. Reason: info about proxy d/l

Yes you're right BobCat13, my bad!

Is this project down or is my connection acting up again?

I can't get boinc or a browser to connect, proxy or sans proxy.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123