Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L'Alliance Francophone closing in

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    I posted this over in the Cosmo Forum in response to a post by 1 of the Mod's to try and get some sort of reaction from anybody that has anything to do with the Project.

Which is Par for the Course after awhile once a Project gets started, it seems the Projects always get shoved to the back burner as the Dev's have more important things to be doing other than worrying whether their Project is running or not ... o_0
    Personally I'd like to see a uniformed agreement among the Participants @ Projects like this to just Abort all their Wu's and walk away from it. When the Dev's finally do check in on their I can't be bothered with it project let them figure out where everybody went.
    And don't tell me the Projects Beta, if it is then thats all the more reason for the Dev's to Communicate more & check in on it at least more than once a week or month or ever if thats what they do.

For the last 3 or 4 day's we have:

1. Wu's Failing or Looping @ then just being Re-Issued so they can Fail or Loop for the next 4-6 People
    2. Can't Download Work or very little if any at all (This is the most irritating Problem of them all & has been ever since the Projects inception & never really has been fixed to date yet)
    3. Can't Upload Finished Wu's or very slow in getting them Uploaded
    4. Harder that Heck to move around the Forum or your Account
    5. Wu's not being Validated (I personally have over 1/2 Million Credits coming & I know others have more than that)
    6. Wu's being Validated with 0 Credit

Probably some other Problems that I'm forgetting, other than those whats not to like about this project ... ;) ... All these problems without any word from Scott or anybody, a nice I'm working on it or just deal with it I'll fix it when I get ready to would be nice and takes all of 5 seconds to post ...

Whats the Point in having a Urgent Problems Thread when it's quite obvious nothing about this Project is very Urgent to anybody that has to fix the Urgent Problems.

PS: Personally I'm getting tired of running this Project & about ready to let the French have it, all I've done for the last 2 days is babysit my computers trying to keep work on them from the project. You shouldn't have to do that @ any Project but then this has been an ongoing problem ever since the projects inception @ I've about had my fill of it ...
    though I dont have nearly 0,1% of your work, I feel the same. I momentarily shut it down on all my puters (in part to save the last scraps of download limit i have left). Might try again afterwards, but this just isnt a way to treat people who put effort (computers + electricity + whatever else) (and in some cases huge efforts like you Poorboy and other megapharmers) in their projects

I tried to jump on board, but got this:

28/03/2008 21:33:35|Cosmology@Home|Message from server: Server can't open database

That's Par for the Course from the Project ...

So far I've been able to keep work on my Quads except for last night when I had to fire up a Back Up Project on 2 of them so they wouldn't go Idle while I was sleeping & then this after noon on the same 2 PC's for a few hours.

But I had around 5500 Wu's a few day's ago is the main reason I still have work on them all. I'm down to about 1400 now & before I go to bed tonight I'll probably have to start up the Backup Projects on at least 3 or 4 of them unless they download more work.

More than likely I'll have less & less and just run out eventually unless the Project Dev's get off their rear ends and fix the Download Problems. I can live with any of the Problems except for not being able to get work. If I can't get work then I usually just move on to some other project that's willing to give me some and forget about the other Project that won't ...

Just to let everyone know I've stopped running Cosmology for now, the Server is Broken, some of the Wu's are Broken, theres absolutely no communication with the Dev's on fixing these problems either.

That plus the fact I simple have no use for some of the participants at the project anymore either, so it's best at this time that I just leave the project for awhile anyway.

I'll be putting up a few points @ the ABC and or Riesel Sieve Project for now ...

Quote Originally Posted by PoorBoy View Post
    Just to let everyone know I've stopped running Cosmology for now, the Server is Broken, some of the Wu's are Broken, theres absolutely no communication with the Dev's on fixing these problems either.

That plus the fact I simple have no use for some of the participants at the project anymore either, so it's best at this time that I just leave the project for awhile anyway.

I'll be putting up a few points @ the ABC and or Riesel Sieve Project for now ...
    Good descision. If your plan of all participants quitting would be attaineable, that would shake the admins of cosmo enough I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    Good descision. If your plan of all participants quitting would be attaineable, that would shake the admins of cosmo enough I'd say.
    It wasn't a Plan really as much as just some wishful thinking on my part, it's something I would whole heartedly participate in at a Project being run as badly as Cosmology right now just to show the Dev's we are not some Mindless Sheep that will attempt to run their Wu's no matter how bad things get.

But the sad thing is a lot of the BOINC Participants are just that, especially if enough Credit is given which at the moment is the only Cosmology has going for it. Give them enough Credit and they will blindly follow seems to be the Cosmology Projects Motto lately @ it works for them ...

PS: There will be Credits coming from me @ the Project for some time to come as my Pending Credits come in though, not because I'm running the project.
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 03-30-2008 at 08:49 PM.

L'Alliance Francophone closing in

Looks serious Folks, Our time is certainly limited here, I may have to return to this project if we can't keep ahead of the 400 plus member team approaching from below.

We need another 100,000 a day to stay out front. OUCH

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    We need Triple that to stay in front & maybe even more, the French Team has been gaining 250,000 to 300,000 Per day for close to the last 2 weeks with no increased activity from our side. In fact our production has gone down in the same time period.

Some of that is due to the fact it's very hard to get Wu's from the Project & some of it due to the lack of interest in running the Project on the Team. I really don't have that much interest myself anymore, the Project Dev's have let the Project sink to a Level to where it's the Laughing Stock of the BOINC Projects with no relief in site.

The only reason I'm still running it as much as I can is to try & get to 10 Million Credits @ the Project since I've gotten this close to it already. Once I get there I'm going to Ween myself from the Project, look @ it this way, 2'nd Place isn't that bad at a Project run this heavy, it just means your the 1'st Loser ... ... ... ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Ok, I guess I'll turn my farm on Cosmo... That should hold them off. I should only need about 50 of my Quads right??

Well it all comes down to how badly do we want to keep this first place? Are we going to have a concerted effort to keep it or not? If so, I'll start back. Let me know guys. I have the parts for another quad to spin up shortly also.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast