Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: L'Alliance Francophone closing in

It's not a matter of wanting to run the Project, it's if you can get any Wu's to run it. I've got Quads that haven't seen a Wu's from there in days, thats 1 reason why my Production there has been slowly falling and will continue to do so if some of my other Quads don't get work soon. That plus the fact the French Team has put out 750,000 Credits the last 2 Day's, that's 375,000 Per day, I doubt we can even come close to that amount.

As it is I have to run a back up Project 50/50 with Cosmo on a lot of my PC's because they are so low on Cosmo Wu's. I don't know how Banshee on the French Team is getting so much work to be producing like he (or them) is other than he's running script or something to suck up any Wu's as they become available.

about twice a day, once in the morning & once in the evening I seem to be able to get some work if I pound the server manually, the rest of the day forget it ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 05-01-2008 at 12:39 PM.

True it is hard to get work at Cosmo. I tried a manual update on all my PCs tonight and the only one to get any was my slowest core duo.

so I guess its not worth the attempt then with the project acting so lame. I'll expend my kilowatts elsewhere...

L'Alliance Francophone closing in

IN a way I am sorry I even mentioned it, but the the project handlers are to blame. With 445 members on the opposing team and we know of there abilities to suppress just about any team. It is not our fault at losing this place.

Thanks to everyone for helping when the project was full of life.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

We are so far ahead of third place BOINC@Australia, that we shouldn't have to worry about any other teams passing us for awhile. As for myself, I already went 14k above my personal 100,000 credit goal on Cosmo, so I wouldn't be running it much in the immediate future. And Cosmo seems to be terribly unreliable for any PUSH weeks.

I did a little snooping around the French Teams Forum & apparently this Banshee Fellow on the French Team has 500+ Computers @ his disposal, Corporate Computers no doubt I would say. That and he has taken a liking to running the Cosmo Project so we can pretty much kiss 1'st place good bye in a few day's.

It's been a good run though & the Team should be proud & everybody should be congratulated for holding on to 1'st Place for as long as we did. We should be able to hold on to 2'nd place for some time to come though or at least until somebody else comes in with a Billion Company Computers anyway ... ...

heh heh, what a cheater banshee is ..

I'm gonna ask my sisters boyfriend if he cant help us out. He works at IBM...

I could ask my mate from the future. He runs a 9.66 Zeta flop (air cooled)
    Darkness isn't there, but you can't see through it

Quote Originally Posted by Ototero View Post
    I could ask my mate from the future. He runs a 9.66 Zeta flop (air cooled)
    I think I know that guy too

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast