Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Seventeen or Bust News

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    /me hesitates .... then ploughs ahead

Beerknurd, and Danish_Dynamite, can you tell me:
    if all of the clients are in fact working on a 1st wu in the folder of the 1st client
    OR
    if the work units in your 2nd, 3rd and 4th directories update on the second WU
    ?

I know for sure they won't if you restart the client before the end of the WU.

It still bugs me that the service won't work for DD in spite of the instructions, so I will continue to follow that up.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Each new WU is seperate...

The current work units will keep going, and it will get new blocks correctly. But if you close SOB, you can never resume the previous block. You would just have to get new ones by repeating those steps. But as long as you don't exit the app, it will work for as long as you have SOB running.

i have two workunits z1448027 and z2116818 in both sb and sb\1 folders

z1448027 is time stamped 14/04/2008 9:56PM in sb and 15/04/2008 7:57 PM in sb\1
    z2116818 is time stamped 16/04/2008 8:13PM in sb and 16/04/2008 9:15 PM in sb\1

sb is working on z1448027 and sb\1 is working on z2116818 judging by time stamps, k and n values are the same for clients and web page

but looking at seventeen or bust testsPending.mhtml page it think something else is going on as well since it is reported as running at 117260 cEMs/s (after wu transmittion went to 126994, 136694, 146316, 151091 i should learn to type faster lol) yet client is suggesting ~21399826.4 cEMs/s (second SoB client running about the same speed) i am assuming that is z1448027 or id 888562 11% done but z2116818 or id 889163 is being reported as 2189254 cEMs/s 0% done

it still bugs me as well that i could not get this running as a service however i have found an email addy at the end on ReadMeNT.txt and i will be sending an email shortly
    Last edited by Danish Dynamite; 04-16-2008 at 01:47 PM. Reason: email sent

i got wondering why log files wasn't updating in sb or sb\1 folders and log file in SoB folder is where log file is being updated and has two work unit z2116818 and z3229158 not really sure of what to make of this as yet

Site Admin
    Thanks to vjs, I have PM'd alien88 for some expert advice on the code = 5 issue.
    . . . . . ___

Seventeen or Bust News

An update which has been delayed for some time, Looks like Scooter has removed himself from the competition, Hey I thought you were out to pass me? I also see Gamer007 is coming up strong on my backside and willing to pass me. OH Hi TO Liugyn as you did pass me with no qualms. I thought you weren't gonna do it but you did anyway. Thanks for adding to the total tally of the team effort.

Beerknurd thanks for adding to the effort, your doing great and well appreciated.

Stim and Bigmanwhs you two are keeping us moving forward and I really do appreciate the effort.

bwhite thanks for pushing out those high numbers in this project well appreciated.

Danish Dynamite thanks for coming back with some input we do appreciate the effort no matter how much you put out it makes this effort worth working on when we get everyone involved.

@ AMD Dave had you heard anything from the admins to the frustrating #5 reject?

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Site Admin
    Hiya Nflight.

Indeed, I did get forwarded on to one of the programmers thanks to a PM from alien88.
    However, I don't think the programmer has his SoB PMs on forward to his email, so I have had no reply as yet.
    . . . . . ___

well appears that my output will stay low for a while, earliest will be thursday before i have time to track down problem and get replacement parts but at time point in appears that mobo and/or gpu has died on phenom 9600 system and since i used work around due to code 5 to get all four cores crunching and didnt have the foresight to leave transmit blocks ticked (to improve crunch times / output)

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Hiya Nflight.

Indeed, I did get forwarded on to one of the programmers thanks to a PM from alien88.
    However, I don't think the programmer has his SoB PMs on forward to his email, so I have had no reply as yet.
    i havent heard anything back from the email i sent

Seventeen or Bust News

Hey there Chaz32, welcome back to the project! Nice to see an old member return after such a long time away.

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Hello... Yes, it has been a while.

I'll do what I can, but I'm working with dinosaurs here .

Heads up, Vaughan

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast