Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Seventeen or Bust News

Seventeen or Bust News

Not much is spoken on this forum topic since not many of us are crunching it on a daily basis! I took up the project after being asked by some friends of mine back in December to help them on the project. I have since not stopped and am rising in the ranks.

Threads on this topic of Seventeen or Bust (Otherwise known as SoB) can be found here: http://amdusers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=29 Stats on this project are listed on this link: http://stats.amdusers.com/amd_users_position.html as 17 or Bust!

In the last 2 months of crunching myself and one other person have been carrying the weight of the Team Effort, I would like to Thank Bigmanwhs for his continued support, never wearying just committed to this project over the long term.

In recent days a horde of past crunchers on this project have emerged to aid and assist our team in regaining our ranks. They are Stim, Kroberts5, and meckano, To all of you crunching this project thank you for making a difference.

To anyone else looking to exercise your ways to locating Prime Numbers this one is a more unique approach, then the ways of riesel sieving. Join us and make a difference in our output as we attempt to pass the next team on our way to 20th position!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Seventeen or Bust News

Welcome back to the project - goes to bwhite and Scooter ! Thanks for kicking up a cpu for this project, greatly appreciated...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    Welcome back to the project - goes to bwhite and Scooter ! Thanks for kicking up a cpu for this project, greatly appreciated...
    does it need to be connected to the internetz?

Seventeen or Bust News

Actually it does not need to be connected all the time, my time frame to complete one K is about 4 days using only one cpu running at 2.2 gHz.

When you set up the config button, you can uncheck "transmit intermediate blocks" This will mean it will actually run faster with out the constant need to update the project server.

So your question is yes and no, it can run for a short time offline but it needs to upload and then crunch for another set of time. IF you have a quick machine I suppose you could finish one K in about 30 hours. As of this writing I am unsure if you can down load more then one K to crunch while off line, An email to the leaders of this project gets quick response. That could facilitate the answers you need to make a concerned effort a reality. There emails are available at the bottom of each page on the Seventeen or bust Project, right after the Copyright information...

Actually it does not need to be connected all the time, my time frame to complete one K is about 4 days using only one cpu running at 2.2 gHz.

When you set up the config button, you can uncheck "transmit intermediate blocks" This will mean it will actually run faster with out the constant need to update the project server.

So your question is yes and no, it can run for a short time offline but it needs to upload and then crunch for another set of time. IF you have a quick machine I suppose you could finish one K in about 30 hours. As of this writing I am unsure if you can down load more then one K to crunch while off line, An email to the leaders of this project gets quick response. That could facilitate the answers you need to make a concerned effort a reality. There emails are available at the bottom of each page on the Seventeen or bust Project, right after the Copyright information...
    thanks mate, will check it later. if my friend from dpc wasnt on vacation, I couldve asked him, he runs that a lot

... if you can down load more then one K to crunch while off line ...
    No unfortunately.

Seventeen or Bust News

Quote Originally Posted by vaughan View Post
    No unfortunately.
    You are the party pooper there Vaughan but, your right it really is a project that needs to be attached at all times.

Since making some news of the wonderful project I have seen the daily output rise over 3 times. This is all due to the people mentioned above and I thank You all for returning to help. Our Hourly output is now more then 20Ghz as this is a tremendous showing of Team Spirit. Keep up the great job everyone, Thank You All...

My friend just got back and tld me DPC are stampeding on SoB. Havent looked at their stats yet. Must be nice.

Ok, I threw some machines at SOB...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederic Brillouet View Post
    My friend just got back and tld me DPC are stampeding on SoB. Havent looked at their stats yet. Must be nice.
    Ooooh.
    Indeed that is impressive.
    The ground is shaking.
    They have 11 days to rank#1 and no response from TPR yet!!!

Ok. The nostalgia has got to me.
    I have 2 cores on SoB.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast