Thread: Projects in which spikey_richie is participating

Projects in which spikey_richie is participating

When I join a new project, I sign up etc... and setup my login on the website. I usually put the projectname@domainname.co.uk (ie mind@domain.co.uk)

Is this the right thing to do? Or should I be using the same addy (admin@ or such like) for all projects?

Reason I ask is, when I load other people on project sites, it lists all the projects in which they participate. However for me on say MindModelling@Home, it only shows that 1 project as being worked on by spikey_richie.

Example:

Keck_Komputers - http://mindmodeling.org/beta/show_user.php?userid=108

There is a connection in account creation, to the user email address and the cpid. I found that you can change your email on the project site (to the same address, ie a single email...for all projects), run a few WU's, and the accounts will change to the same cpid.

Some people have told me that is BS...That all you have to do is change the cpid (somewhere, maybe in BOINC?) and the same thing happens. And you can keep seperate emails for every project. I haven't tried this option, as I like having 1 email for my projects.

Does this help?

If it did, consider donating to Save the Nerds! A sub-species of the Geekazoid family...all donations welcome....
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I also try to use the same e-mail address for all projects. The exception is Einstein which refuses to allow me to change my alternative e-mail to my standard e-mail address, dunno why its like this. I never managed to resolve this issue.

same email addy works, when i joined amd users i had to change email addy on all active projects so i could be classified as a team member of amd users rather then my old team so technically i have one email for active projects and one for inactive projects i did not run any of the other projects to get the same cpid for all active projects so that part i would suggest is a myth

so i would suggest that you pick an email that you have access to and change all active projects to that one email addy cpid's should line them self up and i guess everyone should duck for cover since you should be shotting up the charts lol

Cheers for the advice. I'll change my e-mail to amdusers@ as I have my own domain.