Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: On the Road Again

Hi All. Long time no see. I have a few fat and lazy cores just lying around here sucking electricity. I guess I can point a few of them at this Skynet project. Oh and Neo I don't worry about the new kids. For every wingnut in the bunch I see 50 or 100 great kids that the press ignores. My son just turned down a free ride to the Air Farce Academy in Colorado Springs because he wants to attend University of TN. M daughter is starting a local college here in a few days. (Austin Peay. I think Jeff knows where that is) The point I'm making is that the youngsters that I meet are the ones that run around with my kids and I can't say I see a really bad one in the bunch. I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and has a Very Happy New Year.

A free Ride to the Air Force Academy oh for Pete's Sake! Please do the NCIS Dinozzo head slap a few times for me on your Son, Thanks in Advance! Thanks for joining us on SkyNet Pogs and dishing up some good points values already. If I could ask I would love a helpful hand in getting more help on my one main project I can't get anyone else to join me on, That one project is Quake Cather Network. You have to purchase a seismic unit and tape it to your outside foundation wall or floor but then leave the system on for ever and ever and I know that is not hard to do. Even for us old guys ! Its great that your back on the saddle Terry Welcome back, Great to hear your voice and your stories!
    Last edited by Nflight; 12-28-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Cause this old guy can't spell worth Sh*t

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Looking into it Nflight. Welcome to the team Terry1953.

"A few fat and lazy cores"
    Well, that sounds interesting...want to enlighten us?
    16-core Opteron 6300-series? Or is that just asking too much?

"16-core Opteron 6300-series? Or is that just asking too much" LOL yep that's asking wayyyyy to much. Just some old junk that we threw together out of parts laying around.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1953 View Post
    Just some old junk that we threw together out of parts laying around.
    Know that, did the same and have a room full to prove it. Just remember that to be able to crunch successfully
    -both credit and powerbil wise- the CPUs must not be too old, or it takes either forever to complete a WU of a given project,
    or you will not get work from some projects, because the CPU is lacking a mandatory instruction set
    (e.g. POEM needs at least SSE2 from now on).

My old IBM PS/2 collection is nowadays just museum material, as is my Apple G3 and my RS/6000.
    Some 10 years ago I had a Seti-pharm build from eight Pentium MMX-200's
    which I had to dismantle for lack of results and bankrupting me with the daily wattage.
    And don't underestimate the constant power hunger of otherwise mediocre GPUs either.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123