Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the Road Again

On the Road Again

I'm always on the prowl for a good deal. And I just found a cool one (I've known about this for a while).

Cruzin' the internet at a interstate rest stop (right now)....cool. I guess my next build should be a carpc.

I've seen the signs for most of the winter at a bunch of rest stops, I just never took the time to pull in. Now I can recoup some of my tax dollars, and use the restroom if necessary...
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Oh, I'm werking right now. This is a planned 'lunch' stop. I am returning from an early morning service call. My work laptop is plugged into an inverter. I have the laptop for logging work accomplished and stuff, so it stays on all the time....

So....I crunch a little D2OL between jobs.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

Must be nice to goof off when the boss isn't looking

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Modern computers have so much capacity they can work while they are waiting on us. Probably 99.99% or more of our average computer processing capacity is spent waiting on us humans. No wonder SkyNet decided it didn't need us.

On the Road Again

Steve Lux are you talking about this Skynet http://www.skynet-tel.com/

Or this Skynet: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_%28Terminator%29

Most likely the terminator version!

Look its SkyNet back in the conversation; http://ec2-23-23-126-96.compute-1.amazonaws.com/pogs/ Actually its a new project, sort of I have been on it for just a few days now and have generated hordes of points. Yes to all those that know me I have just 2 cores, yet I am pushing out over 2,000 a day.

Currently we have only 5 members of our Team, and I am the only one crunching this project, come join me!

As Eek the Cat says: It never hurts to help! (followed by very hurtful/painful noises...)
    BTW: Vaughan seems to be as least as active as you are -if not more so- so you're not the only one!
    Last edited by Dirk Broer; 10-29-2012 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Eeek! the Cat intro via YouTube

I put a Linux box on it a while back. Let me know if we have a target to hit and I can switch more GHz on.

Nothing shocking here. We're currently the 32nd team world-wide, and have 310,784 credits.
    Within a week we will be passed by Crystal Dream, but we will pass Alien City soon after.
    Team Norway, the University of Crete and Rechenkraft.net will also pass us this month,
    after which we will pass SETI@Netherlands.
    Some extra Ghz/Cores will all change these predictions of course...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast