Site Admin

40K and rising

Milestones Today AMD Users passes 40,000
    Great work Team!
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Does the Project send Wu's to PC's running a 64 Bit BOINC Client ... ??? ... My Quads never get any work from the Project & I'm assuming it's because they all have a 64 Bit BOINC Client on them.

My P4 3.4 32 Bit Laptop has gotten some before but it's been broke for over a week now & I don't know when it will be running again. I have a new Battery & 1 Internal Fan Ordered for it but once I get them I'm not sure even then it will run again.

I was messing around trying to get Linux Ubuntu v7.10 installed on it (With no success I might add) when it just quit, no Lights or activity at all from it when trying to start it. It's about 4 years old so I figured the Battery finally gave out on it, at least that's what I'm hoping is the Problem or it's going to be a waste of money to get the Battery even cause I'm not going to drop a bunch of money on it.

It's just not worth the benefit of having it running the Projects when compared to the Quads, but if I can get it up & running again with just the Battery replacement I'll try & get Linux installed on it again to see if I can get a little more service out of it ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    interesting question
    the project stats do show plenty of 64 bit OSs, but it is not clear if they are running 64 or 32 bit clients.
    http://cels-at-home-dev.dyndns.org/cels/top_hosts.php
    . . . . . ___

Yeah I know that, but I've never got a Wu from there on my 64-Bit Pc's, only the P4 3.4 32 Bit Laptop has ever got work from there ...

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I am wondering if an old version of the project client has failed to update.
    Did you try a Detach and ReAttach cycle?
    . . . . . ___

I didn't have any of my 64 Bit PC's Attached to the Project any more until this morning again, I just Attached 1 again so I should have got the latest Client, I stiil haven't seen any work on it though from Cel's ...

I'm getting them on my quad running vista x64

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    I'm getting them on my quad running vista x64
    Yes, I just noticed a few minutes ago 1 had been Downloaded after 8 hr's of calling for work, it's running now so we'll see if it finishes ok or not. I know there are a few Projects that will give a 64 Bit Client work but the work never finishes before it error's out, I can't remember if Cel's was 1 of them or not ... ??? I'll report whether it finishes okay or not ...
    Last edited by PoorBoy; 05-01-2008 at 09:30 PM.

I have completed 17 tasks all without an error on x64

I did have a few Wu's Finish okay & Report, so I guess you can get Wu's with a 64 Bit BOINC Client if you want them ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast