Thread: X10 Products and Software

X10 Products and Software

Ok, I need some information on operation and ease of use of the X10 line of products. User suggestions and experiences.

I'm looking at the video and motion sensing area, and operation of house lighting.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

X10 Products and Software

I looked at this type of equipment a few years back. I thought what a neat idea, one company nice marketing to boot. Then I started reading the blogs and forum posts about the warranty issues, the angry customers with no where to go when things break and so on.

There is another company which costs more but has a lot better re pore with the general public and that is OnQue.

Cheap stuff never pans out to those wise and thinking ahead if something should break. This is just my opinion but, since I was in the field of electronics and there are idiot companies preying on the unwise. Keep your chin up and watch out for these people.

This scenario reminds me of the German Auto Company which came to America and started selling crap cars in the 1980's. It took the Audi company 2 decades to overcome bad press about there Audi 5000 series. They now have a well defined and alluring product many Blue & White collar workers strive to own. But the delay in understanding a good reliable product then something you can just slap together & get out to the public is another thing.

With X10 products be wise not frugal is the moral of this story!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...