Thread: EAPS@Home

EAPS@Home

New project alert!

Since it's based in Perth, vaughan, perhaps you can pull some strings and get us some invitation codes. They're closed to new accounts right now.

http://eaps-at-home-alpha.gotdns.org/eaps/

I looked around a bit, and could not find a contact link to the invite code. Seems like Rebirther has the project all to himself...

Rebirther did query the project owner? to let more (some of Rebirthers friends??) in to the testing.
    Logic is the art of being wrong with confidence.

I got the e-mail saying the team was created but was too late in activating my account. Now I cannot use the link so nothing can happen until the project admin opens account creation without an invite code.

Doug, Iam asking you to give a small choosing people group the invitation code for little more testing (around 10?).

Hi Rebirther,

I will consider this shortly, the main reason i am hesitant is that I still have a lot to do before I can move this project to a Beta versions, namely:

- write a proper work unit generator - at the moment it is just the same wu being used over and over again
    - write a proper validator (at the moment it automatically accepts all wu's
    - write a proper assimilator that puts the results in a science database for later analysis
    - get the graphics working
    - work on a linux version of the app

Ouch! Why did he launch the project if nothing on the backend was finished? Is there a level of testing before alpha, cause this fits the definition.

we are all good at doing things backwards just he is doing it in public lol

NeoGen is offline AMD Users Alchemist Moderator
    Site Admin
    It can't get any more backwards than this... the project admin is sending news into the future

Sept 25, 2009
    Ok... a week can be even longer ... I have made significant improvements to the algorithm and it is producing much better results. I am now ready to recommence some more alpha testing. Note - this version still doesnt have any checkpointing so if you close BOINC the work unit will have to start al over again.
    The project is still pretty much closed for outsiders, invitation only yet. But it's a good sign that it has recent news.

Yes, I noticed that, too. It would be cool to know what's going to happen almost 2 weeks in the future!