Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: F@H on nVidia...

Does running Folding via GPU significantly effect running other tasks like Proteins and MJ-12 on the CPU?

The client I used for the 1xxx GPu is more productive if you leave one core to keep the GPU busy. I ran WCG on both cores and it was still able to finish the work units in time. On the 1950 pros I ran it would take about six times longer to finish a work unit if I didn't leave a free CPU core. I don't know if this is still the case with the new client.

Yes even with the new 2xxx and 3xxx gpu core's you have to leave one cpu core free to feed it information. I have read that Stanford is trying to decrease that need ...
    and work for the gpu1 client will run out this week I think too

Tony Kaye, Billy Sherwood, Alan White, Jimmy Haun

Amd Users StatsJoin World Community Grid

Woot!

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Nvi...Home,5654.html

Hello top scores! 163 faster than SMP client :s

It says the client should be out next week. I can't wait to try it out.

It's out yesterday evening!

The BETA Client is now available. Go to this forum thread and read the FAQ before installing. This is still a beta so some things are not functional yet (like visualizations).

Will try it out ASAP on my 8800GT but I choice the wrong week to go home as I wont have internet now (well regular like I need for FAH project) until mid July

Looks like I'll be the guinea pig in the team. I'll try it out on my 8800GT.
    Anyone else wanna join?

EDIT: Just finished my first WU. Everything seems to be running fine so far, despite having Vista 64-bit (apparently it only supports 32-bit). Took 30mins for the WU and my 8800GT peaked at 70 degrees celsius (idles at 50-55 degrees)
    Last edited by gamer007; 06-18-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Does this run under the BOINC Projects or the DC Projects ... ??? I downloaded the Client & NVidia Driver (Not that I know what to do with it) to see if I could get it running on my 8700M GT Laptop, that's the only Box I have at the moment with a high enough video card to try & run it. I tend to go cheap on the video cards on the Box's I build, their just crunchers so I couldn't see spending a lot of money on the VCards ...

half of my box's don't even have cards, just use onboard video.

I can't get the drivers to install. Says I have no products available for this driver, or something like that. I have 2x 8800GTs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast