Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: F@H on nVidia...

I installed this last night on my Vista x64 system with aQ6600 and an 8800GT in it. Not only can I run the GPU version but I am able to also run the SMP version on the processor at a slightly lower priority and get 6800PPD on the machine!

Jeff,

That is because the newest nVidia driver that you have to use for this is only made for the GT200 cards. What you have to do is add your cards to an internal file so that it will install the driver properly. This thread will help you if your running Vista x64 as there is a modded .inf file link mid way down for it that will get rid of your error message and let them install with your 8800GT.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=264622

Keith
    Last edited by Keith75; 06-19-2008 at 06:37 PM.

Giving the install a go now. Not sure how quick it'll go etc and when the deadlines are.

It worth running SMP and GPU one? On a main rig?

I was thinking either GPU client + 3 standard instances or GPU + 3 core enabled on BOINC.

F@H on nVidia...

I am really jealous, I have 2 6600GT's but can't do anything with them .

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

It's working :D

45 minutes a unit for 98 points each - 4500 PPD

Supposdely problems with the SMP and GPU client together. I'll try them both when I have 100% internet...now I'm not really online much due to a holiday.

I am running both together and having zero problems. Like I mentioned I set the GPU to a slightly higher priority to make sure it gets CPU usage when it needs it.

Keith

I'm running Folding@Home on my 8800GT with my Q6600. 3 cores are dedicated to BOINC (Primegrid) with 1 core free. From what I understand, you need a core free for Folding@Home on the GPU to feed it information or something close to that.

So far I'm getting 4980.71 PPD. As I have no clue what PPD means or how it's measured, I don't know if that's a good number for my computer or not.

Those are some pretty impressive numbers. The ati 1950 pro I had was getting about 600ppd if I left a core open for it. that is a very large improvement Good luck with those GPU's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123