Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody police assholes!!!

Their is a rule (not as strong as a law, but close) that no tickets will be written up to 5 mph over the limit. This is supposed to factor in the various inaccuracies of speedometers, speed guns, etc.

I just drive 2-3 mph over the limit on the freeway and never get stopped - but I frequently see those that pass me by on the side down the road.
    Fabricati Diem, Pvnk

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".

Blody Police Scounderels

Quote Originally Posted by sentient_life View Post
    From what I've heard, 10 mph or more and the traffic stop becomes worth it to the cops. I very rarely go more than 6 mph over the limit. I have to be a bit more careful of pressing my luck, because I drive a "look at me" bright red mustang.
    I know someone else in this Team effort who drives a Big Red Mustang, must be synonymous with AMDusers. (hint it is not me ??? => mitchellds)

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

I drive a BIG red International, does that count?

Bloody Police Scounderels

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    I am not sure if Navistar and Mustang go hand in Hand ~? Big and Red Yes, but ~ There is a Big difference between the two!

I drive a 1997 Geo Prizm... I don't think my car goes over 60....

The optimists look at it: It cost you $232 to speed, that is bad. If you speed every day however, it only costs you $0.63 per day (assuming you only get caught once a year).

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
    The optimists look at it: It cost you $232 to speed, that is bad. If you speed every day however, it only costs you $0.63 per day (assuming you only get caught once a year).
    hahaha thats an interesting way to look at it I actually consider myself lucky because with the BMW I've done 220 km/h more than once on the highway and with my previous car I did some 230-240 km/h runs. If they wouldve caught me then I would have to go to court, with at least 2 months of no driving and a fine of more than 1000 euros.

Bloody Police Scounderels

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
    Hey There OhioMike, LTNS, I thought you loved those British cars?

Quote Originally Posted by liuqyn View Post
    Speaking of Red Mustangs I found this Ford Commercial, It may bring tears to your eyes as it did mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFVQKLjLXgM

Well, I got pulled over last night myself. I was doing between 85 to 90 mph because I was running late. And, I never saw where the cop was parked. I assume that he was parked on the on ramp that I had just passed about a half mile behind me when I saw him coming after me.

As soon as I saw him, I knew that I was just going to get a ticket. So, I slowed down and pulled over to the right hand lane to let him catch up. Sure enough, he pulled in right behind me. After a few choice words to myself, I stopped in the emergency lane and got out my license and insurance card.

The cop walked up to my passenger side and asked me their standard question "Do you know why I pulled you over?". Fighting the extreme urge to pop off some smart alec response, I politely said to the officer that I had no idea.

The cop then asked for my license and insurance so I handed it to him through the window. While he was running my tag and license, I made a quick call to my friends that were waiting for me in the next town. They were needless to say no help at all. I heard one in the background say that I should just leave the cop sitting there.

Now, the cop comes walking back up in that walk of authority that almost all cops have. He bends down and returns my stuff. He then hands me a book of papers to sign. As I am reading what is printed on the form, I cant believe me eyes and ears about what happens next.

The cop says to me that he cant give me a ticket because when he clocked me, his radar gun could not get a true lock on my speed and reported three different speeds. So, he was giving me a warning to slow down.

Stunned, I quickly sign the form and the cop let me go on my way [ at a slower speed of course ].

Thinking back to it later, I realized what happened about the radar lock. At the time that I passed where the cop must have been sitting, I had six or seven cars beside and behind me. The radar got confused since there were all of these cars and trucks moving at different speeds.

I know how lucky I was in not coming away from that without a hefty ticket and court costs.

That's pretty amazing. I'm surprised that he didn't just make up a speed. I'm sure they do it all the time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast