Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bloody police assholes!!!

Bloody police assholes!!!

I went to pick up my dad from work and was cruising on the highway at good cruising speed, the assholes pulled me over. Result: 155 euros to pay. I drove 161 km/h where i should go 120. Ripoff.

I feel your pain. A couple of months ago, I was running late to work and I was traveling 16mph over the speed limit. I got stopped by a small town cop. Ticket was 212.50 and the driving class was 100 bucks. Result 312.50. Ouchhh

Touch wood, I'm lucky to have escaped such punishments.

Wounded for you though.

Bloody Police !!!

I find driving at a slower speed is more comforting when I know others are getting those high dollar tickets as I turtle pass them on the highways and byways!

Plan ahead, leave earlier, arrive in one piece and with out the tickets. Sorry Fatherly guidance may not go over well here!

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Quote Originally Posted by Nflight View Post
    I find driving at a slower speed is more comforting when I know others are getting those high dollar tickets as I turtle pass them on the highways and byways!

Plan ahead, leave earlier, arrive in one piece and with out the tickets. Sorry Fatherly guidance may not go over well here!
    I wanted to leave earlier, but had to wait till the lesson was finished

Look at it as a form of indirect taxation. I don't mind the "road safety" message when the cops are patrolling a dangerous section of road or a school zone etc, but I object strongly when they hide on a perfectly good freeway. Then they are purely revenue collectors for the Government and their "speed kills" rhetoric gets blown to shreds.

We have another nasty twist our politicians dreamed up years ago. When its a long weekend - public holidays they double the fines and demerit points. It was supposed to cut the road toll but I don't see them putting any of the funds raised to improve the roads or to improving driver skills.

I know speed doesn't kill having just returned from an "ultimate drive day" in Perth run by Trofeo Motorsports where we had Maseratis doing over 220kph on the race track. Fun - maybe, scary - yes, adrenaline rush - heck yeah

I used to drive all fast and stuff... But tickets cost alot of money... Needless to say I drive like a grandma and haven't gotten a ticket for anything in years...

Humming the fancy little diddy..... don't do the crime if you can't do the time........ noooo... don't do it, nooo don't do it.................

OR in this case,

don't to the crime if you can't pay the dime!!!!!!!!!!

Or the fine....

I rarely speed as much as I used to. Too many bills to pay, and life is so much easier when you give yourself another 5 minutes. Took a lot of years to get this way though.

Locally it's the insurance that really hurts. The ticket and court are one-time costs, the insurance will be higher for years.

As for "speed killing", well, for a while after they discontinued Jimmy Carter's national 55mph speed limit; in Montana (for a while) they discontinued the speed limit altogether in certain long stretches of road. People were dying weekly in some horrific crashes due to several reasons. Namely; they weren't using V, Z, W or Y-rated tires, road conditions or hazards (including animals on the road) and lastly; lack of skill. Of course it wasn't the speed doing the killing - it was the uncontrolled sudden stops.

From what I've heard, 10 mph or more and the traffic stop becomes worth it to the cops. I very rarely go more than 6 mph over the limit. I have to be a bit more careful of pressing my luck, because I drive a "look at me" bright red mustang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast