Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed - Report Results

AMDave is offline Seeker of the exit clause Moderator
    Site Admin
    I have opened the question of the project's status to Graeme directly and asked, (I hope nicely enough), for a response to the post I made in the EON - Official Project Forum.

Did any one else read their September paper?
    http://theory.cm.utexas.edu/henkelma...u08_114104.pdf

Some of it was above a layperson like myself, of course, but I could understand enough of it for it to be rewarding to see such positive results come from the effort.
    . . . . . ___
    . . . . . . .\___/\______
    . . . . . . . \__AMD___\\__
    ---------------------------------------------

Reported results

Quote Originally Posted by AMDave View Post
    Some of it was above a layperson like myself, of course, but I could understand enough of it for it to be rewarding to see such positive results come from the effort.
    A lot is above most of us who are not involved in molecular chemistry, or biochemistry like myself. I know what they are saying but the real culprit says they need more work units completed to get the paper detailed enough to show progress. Which of course means we have to put out more, which is a problem in getting connected. The Zzz's are the fault of the team system in there location hogging up the connection.

Looking at a return to getting more work completed would be to develop the EoN project similar to Dpad. Whereby the Initial product for each EoN participant could crunch a million small work units encapsulated in one download. Then send the whole big bunch item back to them and reduce the strain on the server to less time and less bandwidth. Just thinking from the hip here, maybe I should post something like this on the EoN forum ? Any Thoughts...?
    Last edited by Nflight; 09-19-2008 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Because I can't Spell :(

Challenge me, or correct me, but don't ask me to die quietly.

…Pursuit is always hard, capturing is really not the focus, it’s the hunt ...

Would they be opposed to having the yoyo@home project have a go at converting eon's workunits to work with BOINC? Evolution, Muon, and OGR seem to run pretty well outside their original programs. To the chagrin of those that don't like the BOINC environment, I'd think a lot more work would be completed.

Site Admin
    I don't think it works well for a BOINC deployment, but if Graeme comes to the official forum, perhaps we can ask him there?
    . . . . . ___

The problem with eOn seems to be the lack of bandwidth on the Uni Texas server not if its a BOINC or non-BOINC project.

Failed - Report Results

Yes while we discuss this here it would be nice if all of us would push this discussion to the forum on the EoN site page! Yes I like the idea of the yoyo@home crew looking at a conversion. IF anything could help it would be nice!

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/forumdi...?s=&forumid=61

I see AMDAVE has appeared now all we have to do is find the forum admins to find the forum as well.

Failed - Report Results

This link might help get some action AMDave:

http://www.utexas.edu/academic/cit/f.../ns/index.html

Do you want to engage this person first before I conjure up the will to write to him as well; AMDave?
    Anyone else want to engage this person and inquire as to what we can do on the outside of the Texas University to make this project a success!

I know we have serious interest in making this project a success and have discussed options they may have never thought of. These people need to hear your thoughts and your directions to know there is outside interest that still exists to make this work..

Stick your neck out and make your voice heard...!

NOTE*** If you make contact with this faculty member please post responses to the rest of us. Also direct this person to our current discussion web link, and the official web link on Free-DC thanks!

Site Admin
    Whoa, big fella.
    I already wrote to Graeme.
    He's a nice chap, busy, but gets to his emails.
    Let's wait a bit ;)
    He may be out of the office.
    Scientists have lives too :D
    . . . . . ___

Site Admin
    Graeme has replied with some great news, some terrific news and some even better news.

The details are in the Official eOn forum here:
    http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthr...915#post126915

and here in our forum for you:
    http://amdusers.com/forum/showthread...1107#post61107
    . . . . . ___

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12